Menu

Final Transcripts - more questions

lewelma

So what exactly does the final transcript need to include?  Am I just supposed to use the transcript we did for midterm grades and include grades?  Do we need a cover letter stating other awards/honors he has earned in the since February?  Do I need to some place put that he has 'graduated'.  Right now I just have "Graduation Date: 16 June 2018."  Do I have to send University transcripts again if he has not taken a class there during his senior year?  We obviously sent the university transcript with his classes from Junior year when he applied. 

Also, looks like I have to snail mail it because it requires either an authenticated e-mail or a fax from the school.  For homeschoolers, would they accept a fax from my husband's office?  Or do I just snail mail this thing.  It is due by June 20th, and will take 2 weeks to arrive so I should be early enough. 

Ruth in NZ

Yes, just update with final grades. The main thing the admissions office needs is confirmation that the student graduated. Graduation date should do that. However, if you are sending the transcript prior to the graduation date, I don't know if they would consider that valid. I'm surprised that they have a June 20 deadline for that since so many high schools don't have graduation until around that time. Maybe you should double check with the admissions office about that. At my university, our computer system auto-assigns arbitrary deadlines to things that don't really have a deadline. Very annoying. So possibly that is going on here??

My university would accept a faxed or emailed (emailed is preferred because it will print clean) transcript as official from a homeschooler, but I'm sure all colleges are different. If I were you I'd send it electronically and then follow up with a mailed copy to be safe.

You shouldn't need to resend a university transcript if the one they have on file is still the most current.

• Like 1

Just update it with the final grades and enter graduation date. If the transcript is issued after the graduation date it is obvious that the student graduated.

No cover letter/awards needed.

If he has not taken any other university classes and the uni transcript submitted before is complete, I see no need to submit another university one.

I would email it and offer to fax if they find that necessary, and put one in the snail mail just to be sure.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! So they get it in time by snail mail, can I just change the graduation date from June 16 to June 1 since he finished all his work last Friday, and then put it in the mail? Is changing the date going to put out red flags? 

4 hours ago, lewelma said:

Thanks guys! So they get it in time by snail mail, can I just change the graduation date from June 16 to June 1 since he finished all his work last Friday, and then put it in the mail? Is changing the date going to put out red flags? 

I can't imagine why that would be a problem.

I am done. I can't believe it.  Final transcript has been sent.  I can't even say what a load this is off my mind. 

Done. Done. Done. Now ds's education is someone else's responsibility, and I am very glad. The last few years have been crazy hard for me to pull off, and I am happy to pass the baton.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, lewelma said:

I am done. I can't believe it.  Final transcript has been sent.  I can't even say what a load this is off my mind. 

Done. Done. Done. Now ds's education is someone else's responsibility, and I am very glad. The last few years have been crazy hard for me to pull off, and I am happy to pass the baton.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lewelma said:

Feels good, doesn't it?

• Like 2