Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

myblessings4

Wrinkle Help (skin/face)

Recommended Posts

I feel like my skin has aged years in the last year.  I have pretty well-defined wrinkles now.  I know we have had folks here link products or YouTube videos of ladies telling which products help.  Anyone willing to share again, or share some new info?

I haven't used anything since years ago when I actually didn't need it.  Until the past year, I have always looked younger than my age.  I'm tired of looking tired.    When I did use products, it was because I worked in a doctor's office which had an aesthetician and we could get peels and Obagi products very deeply discounted.

I bought ingredients to make some natural stuff, but I think I'm beyond that.  I eat low carb for blood sugar control, so rarely fruit, but I eat lots of vegetables and drink pretty close to a gallon of water each day.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear by Retin A. I buy mine cheap overseas without a script from All Day Chemist. I am almost 44. This was today. No makeup. No filter. Natural light.

33430115_10155669549568261_394059843498934272_o.jpg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorgeous SC!

I remember you mentioned buying from that website. I should do that today instead of asking my primary to write up a pre-authorization and then going to the dermatologist for an updated prescription. I've put it off for months.

OP, I've seen a number of reputable people on YouTube such as Caroline Hirons tout the benefit of Retin A.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

I swear by Retin A. I buy mine cheap overseas without a script from All Day Chemist. I am almost 44. This was today. No makeup. No filter. Natural light.

 

 

Your picture is gorgeous.  Please fill us in on exact which cream & what the routine is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, crazyforlatin said:

Gorgeous SC!

I remember you mentioned buying from that website. I should do that today instead of asking my primary to write up a pre-authorization and then going to the dermatologist for an updated prescription. I've put it off for months.

OP, I've seen a number of reputable people on YouTube such as Caroline Hirons tout the benefit of Retin A.

 

 

Yeah, too much hassle and too costly. I've been using All Day Chemist for years. No reason to overpay, IMO.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also love Retin A but find the alldaychemist one drying. I prefer a formulation I’ve bought OTC in... Spain I want to say? Retirides brand name. Ketrel is another non drying one (to be clear, there are all retin A creme s, just different formulations). 

usr at night, you will peel, etc 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Katy said:

 

Your picture is gorgeous.  Please fill us in on exact which cream & what the routine is.

 

You ladies are sweet. I swear it is the Retin-A. Starting off, you want to go slow. This article gives a helpful primer:

https://beautyeditor.ca/2013/02/06/how-to-use-retin-a-and-not-turn-your-face-into-a-red-flaky-peely-mess

I use 0.05% and 0.1% alternating, but I think most people should start around 0.025% unless they have uber sensitive skin. Usually your skin will look worse before it looks better. That is normal. Just keep at it, slowly.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your skin is amazing! Which brand do you use on the site?  I don’t even know where to begin!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vote for Retin A. You can try a million OTC creams, or just go straight for the gold...Retin A. ?

(Make sure to use a good moisturizer and sunscreen while using Retin A.)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the ideas!  Keep 'em coming!

Y'all keep mentioning retin-a, which I used long ago in Obagi land.  Links for yours??  Also, do any of you have other favorite product choices to use with it?  A regimen you could list?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Retin A too and the past few months I've done microneedling 2x. The results are fantastic.  They suggested 6x, but I'm waiting for a sale again before getting more. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

I swear by Retin A. I buy mine cheap overseas without a script from All Day Chemist. I am almost 44. This was today. No makeup. No filter. Natural light.

33430115_10155669549568261_394059843498934272_o.jpg

 

So you have never had any issues with this company?   Seems legit?  The price is too good to pass.  I won't be breaking any laws, will I?  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

 

So you have never had any issues with this company?   Seems legit?  The price is too good to pass.  I won't be breaking any laws, will I?  ?

 

I have been ordering from them for years, and have never had any issues. You would have to research the legalities yourself, as I am not up to date on the law. My understanding, last time I checked, is that it is probably technically illegal, but that the FDA does not enforce it when you are only importing a personal supply of medications. My packages always disclose that they are medications, and no one has ever given me any problems about it. It's sorta like marijuana is technically illegal under federal law, but the feds don't enforce the law. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just now in the "lizard woman" stage of retin a.  I've used it before and know what I'm doing with it, and am using the 1% to get a good exfoliating going.  But.... lizard woman! ?

I've used .5% in the past and was able to use it every other day with no obvious peeling.  It really works, and helps moisturizers/etc work better.  My main problem though is brown spots.  Not even just normal brown spots, but actually SKs (seborrheic keratosis) on my face.  Ugh.  The retin a does help keep them from building up and getting bigger though.  I hate them. 

So yes, retin a fan.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For fading brown spots, Google Obagi dupe. You can also order the same stuff in Obagi that lightens the skin (I forget what it is) from All Day Chemist. I use Timeless Vitamin C serum to lighten my freckles. It is a Skinceuticals dupe. I wait until they have a sale and then stock up (but keep extra bottles in the fridge). https://www.timelessha.com/products/20-vitamin-c-e-ferulic-acid-serum-1-oz 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Impatien said:

I went to Alldaychemist and it looks like you have to provide doctor’s information and have a prescription.

 

You don't. Just leave it blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

For fading brown spots, Google Obagi dupe. You can also order the same stuff in Obagi that lightens the skin (I forget what it is) from All Day Chemist. I use Timeless Vitamin C serum to lighten my freckles. It is a Skinceuticals dupe. I wait until they have a sale and then stock up (but keep extra bottles in the fridge). https://www.timelessha.com/products/20-vitamin-c-e-ferulic-acid-serum-1-oz 

 

So, Sea, would you mind listing your whole regimen?  Times of day and which products?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

 

So, Sea, would you mind listing your whole regimen?  Times of day and which products?  

 

I am pretty lazy with my skincare. I use vitamin C serum in the morning and Retin A at night before bed.

I like Asian skincare products, so I tend to buy these kits when they are on sale:

https://www.misshaus.com/index.php/shop/skin-care/gift-sets/misa-cho-gong-jin-special-set-ii.html

I also use a Japanese sunscreen:

https://www.amazon.com/s?field-keywords=biore+watery+essence

If the Asian stuff intimidates you, I would get skincare for your skin type from Paula's Choice. I like their products as well. I have very dry and sun-damaged skin (from my youth), but still get blemishes (you can see some pimples in the pic above) because I have crazy hormonal fluctuations from PCOS (thank you androgens). Yes, I still get pimples in my 40s!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use vitamin c serum in the am and always some sort of exfoliator in the pm. I haven't really used Retin a as a wrinkle defense, more for pimples (yup, same here), but I'm going to start and rotate it in. I've been using Drunken Elephant or Sunday Riley acid serum in the pm among other things. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if differin/adapalene has the anti-aging benefits that retin-a does?  I believe they are in the same class, so I’ve been assuming, but I’m not certain.  I have an adapelene prescription for cystic acne, and without it, I still get cystic acne even though I’m 44!!! Found that out the hard way just recently when I ran out. 

OP, I use Paula’s Choice for the rest of my skin care.  I love her stuff, especially her exfoliant and sunscreens.  You might find this helpful:  https://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/skincare-advice/anti-aging-wrinkles

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

For fading brown spots, Google Obagi dupe. You can also order the same stuff in Obagi that lightens the skin (I forget what it is) from All Day Chemist. I use Timeless Vitamin C serum to lighten my freckles. It is a Skinceuticals dupe. I wait until they have a sale and then stock up (but keep extra bottles in the fridge). https://www.timelessha.com/products/20-vitamin-c-e-ferulic-acid-serum-1-oz 

 

I can't use hydroquinone (most common lightener), it makes me have darker spots after I finish using it.  I'm actually doing the 1% retin a preparing to start a vitamin c serum I bought.  I got this one: https://www.mychelle.com/collections/serums-oils/products/perfect-c™-serum-1    I hoped it would work better after exfoliating a bit. I'd like to find a cheaper one though.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Greta said:

Does anyone know if differin/adapalene has the anti-aging benefits that retin-a does?  I believe they are in the same class, so I’ve been assuming, but I’m not certain.  I have an adapelene prescription for cystic acne, and without it, I still get cystic acne even though I’m 44!!! Found that out the hard way just recently when I ran out. 

OP, I use Paula’s Choice for the rest of my skin care.  I love her stuff, especially her exfoliant and sunscreens.  You might find this helpful:  https://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/skincare-advice/anti-aging-wrinkles

 

Greta, have you used Retin A and adapalene for cystic acne to compare? I’d love to know which worked better for you. I’ve used the OTC Differin without much noticeable difference, but I’m wondering if the rx strength is better. Retin A is great, and makes my skin smooth, but I still have some cystic acne during ovulation. Stupid hormones! Stupid acne AND wrinkles!?

Re: adapalene and wtinkles...I think Dr Dray has a YouTube video about that specific question but I can’t remember what she said! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SeaConquest, you just motivated me to buy some retinA. I used to use it for acne a million years ago and I was never sensitive to it, so I'm hoping the transition won't be bad. I got some a few years ago with a friend from the same place as you but she placed the order for me and I was too nervous to order myself. This time I got some retinA micro because I think it's worth the extra money. Your skin doesn't look your age at all!

My skin isn't bad for my age, but I've noticed a pretty significant change in the last few years. I think it's stress, the new baby, and serious lack of sleep. I am too vain to be ok with it. ? My biggest problem is remembering or finding the time to use it. I have some Vit C and non-prescription retinA serums, along with basic cleansers, creams, etc, but I don't stick to a regimen because Baby screams if I put him down and I'm always in such a hurry. 

I have an aloe based lotion (Infinite Aloe, google it) and ointment that I use for moisturizer and for the occasional zit or scratch/bad spot and it is awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone- my girls beg me for some of the ointment if they have a bad patch of acne. I'm almost out and I received it free so I'll be really sad when it's gone and I have to decide if I want to spend the money on it since it's more than I normally pay. I have an aloe plant and I wonder if I could just squeeze some of it into some shea butter or something or use it straight and get the same results?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mmasc said:

Greta, have you used Retin A and adapalene for cystic acne to compare?

I've used both and adapalene was far better for cystic acne. Retin A really didn't do much. You could probably get both and use them every other day or so. I don't think it would work as well to just use the differin before your period as cysts take a long time to form. 

I quit getting the bad cysts (often) when I quit eating citrus. I can still have some about once a week, but I used to eat 1-2 servings a day because I loved it. I didn't outgrow it- if I misjudge and have too many oranges, the cysts come right back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mmasc said:

Greta, have you used Retin A and adapalene for cystic acne to compare? I’d love to know which worked better for you. I’ve used the OTC Differin without much noticeable difference, but I’m wondering if the rx strength is better. Retin A is great, and makes my skin smooth, but I still have some cystic acne during ovulation. Stupid hormones! Stupid acne AND wrinkles!?

Re: adapalene and wtinkles...I think Dr Dray has a YouTube video about that specific question but I can’t remember what she said! 

 

I have used both, but I'm not sure how fair it is for me to compare since I used Retin-A as a teenager, and I didn't get an adapalene prescription until I was in my 30's.  The raging teenage hormones probably played a role.  But back then, even though Retin-A helped with the "normal" acne, it wasn't helping with the cystic acne (yes, I had both at the time, lovely!).  So my doctor at that time took me off of the Retin-A and gave me Accutane.  Accutane is very harsh and I think they're hesitant to use it, but it worked for me when all else failed (and my acne was BAD as a teen. I can't even tell you how bad).  For a long while after that, I was able to get by with just an exfoliant (alpha hydroxy acid, but I've since learned that a beta hydroxy acid works even better).  But then I started getting cystic acne on my chin (it is always on my chin, weird) with my period every month.  I kind of thought it was just going to be a fact of life for me, but then I happened to be seeing my doctor for something else entirely when I was having a breakout, and he said, "you want some adapalene for that?"  I'm so glad he did because it works.  Honestly, though, my prescription is the same strength as what's available OTC.  And in fact, since my copay on the prescription version suddenly increased by a factor of 10(!!!) I was planning to get the OTC version when I run out.  I hope that it will work as well!  But since it's not working for you, you could certainly try asking your doctor for a stronger one.  My doc said we'd start with the lowest concentration and go from there, but for me the lowest concentration works.  I just use the adapalene gel three nights a week, and a Paula's Choice beta hydroxy acid the other four nights a week, and that combination seems to work really well for me without causing redness or irritation.

And yes, fighting acne and aging/wrinkling skin at the same time is just not fair!

Thank you for mentioning the video - I will look for it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, mmasc said:

Re: adapalene and wtinkles...I think Dr Dray has a YouTube video about that specific question but I can’t remember what she said! 

 

Thank you so much for mentioning her - I'm really enjoying watching her videos!  In the first one I found, she did say that while both work for both, adapalene does seem to be a bit better for acne, while tretinoin is a bit better for wrinkles.  That's a much shortened/simplified version of what she said, but that was the gist of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So anyone that uses vitamin C serum have one they really like that's not too expensive?  And what concentration are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

For fading brown spots, Google Obagi dupe. You can also order the same stuff in Obagi that lightens the skin (I forget what it is) from All Day Chemist. I use Timeless Vitamin C serum to lighten my freckles. It is a Skinceuticals dupe. I wait until they have a sale and then stock up (but keep extra bottles in the fridge). https://www.timelessha.com/products/20-vitamin-c-e-ferulic-acid-serum-1-oz 

 

Sorry, missed this!  I will give this one a try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So next question.... I'm planning on using retin a .5% at night and the vitamin C serum during the day.  After vitamin C serum I put on sunscreen, then sometimes foundation, sometimes not.  So what about moisturizing?  I used to use a combo moisturizer/sunscreen before foundation, but once I started retin a I switched to a physical sunscreen for better protection.  Do I need a moisturizer in there somewhere??  I'm thinking of switching back to a moisturizer/sunscreen combo, but I never really had one I liked except Rodan and Fields which was crazy expensive.  Anyone use a moisturizer/sunscreen combo that seems to actually sink into skin and moisturize?

And a note to anyone about to try retin a - you need serious sunscreen EVERY DAY when you use retin a.  Do not go out without it.  The retin a really does make your face more sensitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greta said:

 

  But then I started getting cystic acne on my chin (it is always on my chin, weird) with my period every month.  I kind of thought it was just going to be a fact of life for me, but then I happened to be seeing my doctor for something else entirely when I was having a breakout, and he said, "you want some adapalene for that?"  I'm so glad he did because it works.  Honestly, though, my prescription is the same strength as what's available OTC.  And in fact, since my copay on the prescription version suddenly increased by a factor of 10(!!!) I was planning to get the OTC version when I run out.  I hope that it will work as well!  But since it's not working for you, you could certainly try asking your doctor for a stronger one.  My doc said we'd start with the lowest concentration and go from there, but for me the lowest concentration works.  I just use the adapalene gel three nights a week, and a Paula's Choice beta hydroxy acid the other four nights a week, and that combination seems to work really well for me without causing redness or irritation.

And yes, fighting acne and aging/wrinkling skin at the same time is just not fair!

Thank you for mentioning the video - I will look for it!

This is exactly what happens to me! ALWAYS on my chin, always cystic, and almost always during ovulation. I would love for something topical to fix it, but I’m starting to think I may have to try hormones...which seems ridiculous to me to take birth control but I think I need something internally. I have a 3 month follow-up with my derm this week, so I might ask about trying adapalene rx strength and maybe a BC pill. For the past 3 months I’ve been trying Retin A and minocycline. I’ve been on Retin for years, but the minocycline was my new thing to try. I can’t see a huge difference, plus it’s not really a long term drug anyway so I’m telling him I’m done with it. 

Thank you for sharing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, goldberry said:

 Anyone use a moisturizer/sunscreen combo that seems to actually sink into skin and moisturize?

 

 

I like this one a lot.  It's moisturizing without being heavy or greasy, so it still works well for me under makeup.  It's not a physical/mineral sunscreen, though, so that might not be what you had in mind.  I know they're probably better, but I've never found a physical sunscreen that I liked for my face.  They always feel so heavy and so . . . I don't know, just yucky to me.  Did you find one that you liked?  If so, two things:  1) please tell me what it is!  and 2) perhaps just stick with that but apply a lightweight (gel?) moisturizer first and let that soak in before you apply your sunscreen?  Just a thought.

2 hours ago, mmasc said:

This is exactly what happens to me! ALWAYS on my chin, always cystic, and almost always during ovulation. I would love for something topical to fix it, but I’m starting to think I may have to try hormones...which seems ridiculous to me to take birth control but I think I need something internally. I have a 3 month follow-up with my derm this week, so I might ask about trying adapalene rx strength and maybe a BC pill. For the past 3 months I’ve been trying Retin A and minocycline. I’ve been on Retin for years, but the minocycline was my new thing to try. I can’t see a huge difference, plus it’s not really a long term drug anyway so I’m telling him I’m done with it. 

Thank you for sharing!

 

I hope your doc can find something that will work better for you!  Are you using an exfoliant?  I know that helps my skin a lot.  I've never tried one of the BCP's that is approved for treating acne, but I really hope it will work for you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

 

You don't. Just leave it blank.

Thank you! I wouldn’t have bothered going any further had you not let us know! Need to get some retin A

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, goldberry said:

So next question.... I'm planning on using retin a .5% at night and the vitamin C serum during the day.  After vitamin C serum I put on sunscreen, then sometimes foundation, sometimes not.  So what about moisturizing?  I used to use a combo moisturizer/sunscreen before foundation, but once I started retin a I switched to a physical sunscreen for better protection.  Do I need a moisturizer in there somewhere??  I'm thinking of switching back to a moisturizer/sunscreen combo, but I never really had one I liked except Rodan and Fields which was crazy expensive.  Anyone use a moisturizer/sunscreen combo that seems to actually sink into skin and moisturize?

And a note to anyone about to try retin a - you need serious sunscreen EVERY DAY when you use retin a.  Do not go out without it.  The retin a really does make your face more sensitive.

Yes! CeraVe Ultra-light Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30. I buy it at Walmart. It's really great and is recommended on Paula Begoun's Beautypedia. She's the creator of Paula's Choice skin care.

https://www.beautypedia.com/skin-care-reviews/by-brand/cerave/_/ultra-light-moisturizing-lotion-with-sunscreen-spf-30

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

 

I am pretty lazy with my skincare. I use vitamin C serum in the morning and Retin A at night before bed.

I like Asian skincare products, so I tend to buy these kits when they are on sale:

https://www.misshaus.com/index.php/shop/skin-care/gift-sets/misa-cho-gong-jin-special-set-ii.html

I also use a Japanese sunscreen:

https://www.amazon.com/s?field-keywords=biore+watery+essence

If the Asian stuff intimidates you, I would get skincare for your skin type from Paula's Choice. I like their products as well. I have very dry and sun-damaged skin (from my youth), but still get blemishes (you can see some pimples in the pic above) because I have crazy hormonal fluctuations from PCOS (thank you androgens). Yes, I still get pimples in my 40s!

 

 

I bought this sunscreen last year after it was recommended here. It is amazing. Are you the person who recommended it? If so, thank you! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, samba said:

 

I bought this sunscreen last year after it was recommended here. It is amazing. Are you the person who recommended it? If so, thank you! 

 

Maybe. I know that I've talked about Asian skincare products before here. There are a couple of us on the boards who are into them, though. I am glad that you like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to let y'all know about a deal I found!  Everytime one of these threads come up, I am reminded to watch Angie (hot and flashy) on youtube.  So, I started watching her again, and she mentioned curology.com.  I signed up and sent in photos, and am getting my first month's bottle for just shipping of $4.95.  I just did that yesterday, and today I had a message from the consultant there, and they're sending me a bottle of retin-a 0.05% mixed with azelaic acid and niacinamide.  It's $20 a month plus the shipping after this one.   I'll decide this month if I will stay with them, order from alldaychemist, or do a combo.  

Now I just need to get the rest of the routine down and order supplies.  I'm thinking some vitamin c serum, possible glycolic acid or something, and my sunscreen/moisturizer/cleanser choices.  I make my own sunscreen, so am thinking about using that, but I would love to go with a tinted one, so not sure.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Just wanted to let y'all know about a deal I found!  Everytime one of these threads come up, I am reminded to watch Angie (hot and flashy) on youtube.  So, I started watching her again, and she mentioned curology.com.  I signed up and sent in photos, and am getting my first month's bottle for just shipping of $4.95.  I just did that yesterday, and today I had a message from the consultant there, and they're sending me a bottle of retin-a 0.05% mixed with azelaic acid and niacinamide.  It's $20 a month plus the shipping after this one.   I'll decide this month if I will stay with them, order from alldaychemist, or do a combo.  

Now I just need to get the rest of the routine down and order supplies.  I'm thinking some vitamin c serum, possible glycolic acid or something, and my sunscreen/moisturizer/cleanser choices.  I make my own sunscreen, so am thinking about using that, but I would love to go with a tinted one, so not sure.

 

I know a lot of people who use Curology and are really happy with it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, goldberry said:

I am just now in the "lizard woman" stage of retin a.  I've used it before and know what I'm doing with it, and am using the 1% to get a good exfoliating going.  But.... lizard woman! ?

I've used .5% in the past and was able to use it every other day with no obvious peeling.  It really works, and helps moisturizers/etc work better.  My main problem though is brown spots.  Not even just normal brown spots, but actually SKs (seborrheic keratosis) on my face.  Ugh.  The retin a does help keep them from building up and getting bigger though.  I hate them. 

So yes, retin a fan.

How long does lizard skin last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, samba said:

Does anyone use a derma roller? Any advice?

 

I've been using one for the past 6 months.  What questions did you have?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so I have NO IDEA if it works, but...

I started taking collagen every day.  I take it not for skin improvement reasons, but many reviews of the product on Amazon RAVE about what it did to their skin.  I am only two weeks in and haven't seen any changes yet.  Just wanted to throw it out there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Reefgazer said:

How long does lizard skin last?

 

When I used .5%, I did every other day.  I had peeling for about 3 weeks, then the peeling stopped and my skin looked really fresh and glowy.  That was about 2 years ago. I ran out and didn't refill at the time.  I'm using the 1% mainly to just get a jumpstart.  I've been using it for about a month every 3-4 days and still have peeling.  So now I'm switching back to the .5% every other day at night, with vitamin C in the mornings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 2:10 PM, Greta said:

 They always feel so heavy and so . . . I don't know, just yucky to me.  Did you find one that you liked?  If so, two things:  1) please tell me what it is!  and 2) perhaps just stick with that but apply a lightweight (gel?) moisturizer first and let that soak in before you apply your sunscreen?  Just a thought.

 

Elta MD

https://www.amazon.com/EltaMD-Physical-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-Tinted/dp/B00C8FVZZY/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1527790139&sr=8-6&keywords=elta+md+sunscreen&dpID=31ec-%2BHsXdL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

This one is flat out awesome.  You can get it untinted, but I love the tint.  And I am super pale so I usually can't wear anything tinted.  It's hard to explain, but the tint in this is very subtle and spreads out.  My daughter has a totally different skin tone than me, and the tinted (same color) still looks great for her.  I even like the way this works as a makeup base.  I just thought I wasn't really getting any moisturizer and hate the idea of another step.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, solascriptura said:

I've been using one for the past 6 months.  What questions did you have?

What brand of roller do you use? Where did you purchase it? How often do you use it? What is your routine with it? (ie. cleanser, roller, serum?

) What improvements have you noticed? My neighbor is a Rodan/Fields rep and she is promoting the roller, which I'm interested in, but I don't really want to buy the products that go with it. 

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...