Menu

Biology - High School

What is everyone using for high school Biology? The 4th edition of TWTM recommends Miller & Levine Biology but it's a little pricey ($285) plus I would have to order lab materials in addition to the books. Is it worth the cost?  If you used this program, what did you purchase and what has been your experience?  If you used something else, what was it and how did you like it?  Thank you.

We used it for ds. I bought used   Someone had given me a lab kit. If I do it again, I'll probably buy the kit that Quality Science Labs sells. High School science labs don't have to be specific to the book. There tend to be general ones that all texts do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freesia said:

We used it for ds. I bought used   Someone had given me a lab kit. If I do it again, I'll probably buy the kit that Quality Science Labs sells. High School science labs don't have to be specific to the book. There tend to be general ones that all texts do. 

Thanks for responding.  Which components did you buy? My understanding is that there is the student text, teacher text, student lab book, teacher lab book plus the lab kit.

3 minutes ago, stlily said:
3 hours ago, freesia said:

Also, did you purchase the digital courseware student license?

I just bought the student book. We used Kolbe's syllabus which has answers to some questions and tests. I did not buy a digital subscription. I used some Bozeman Science videos (free online). Quizlet has practice vocabulary sets. The lab kit I was given had a lab book with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get a used copy of Miller Levine (less than $25 on Amazon, usually).  Then buy a used manual of Pendarvis and Crawley and match up experiments with chapter topics (there are a ton to chose from, mostly with easily accessible items).  There are also tons of simple biology labs online that require no book and are free and with a teacher section.

• Thanks 1