Menu

Question about Notgrass Government 2016 edition

I am looking at this text for a co-op next fall. I have access to the 2008 edition, but not the 2016 edition. I found errors in the 2008 edition that concern me. I also see lots of evidence of bias that go beyond just revealing his personal perspective on government.  Can someone tell me whether the 2016 edition still says the following:

In the chapter on the Federal Case, the 2008 edition says that a defense attorney's job is to get his client "off the hook." Is this in the 2016 edition?

In the chapter on the judiciary (I think), he is discussing a civil case and says "if the defendant if found guilty..." (this is  incorrect - in a civil case, a defendant is liable, not guilty)

In the 2008 edition, there is an inset that says the Clinton impeachment was a result of the Whitewater investigation (this is also incorrect). Did this get changed in the new edition?

I don't want to buy the new edition if we aren't going to use it for the co-op, and I can't seem to find anyone local I can borrow it from. So I would really appreciate help with this!

• 1 month later...

If you would like another option, I'm going to be teaching a co-op class using the content on GA Virtual School's shared content. I'll have to make up the quizzes and tests, but my husband is a government teacher in public school, so he is going to help me. Our class time will be more fun activities than teaching because we only meet every other week. I'm setting up a Google classroom for discussions and questions during the time they are home. 

Here is the regular government class, but there are two AP courses listed on the left as well. 

http://www.gavirtuallearning.org/Resources/SSResources/SSShared/SharedAmericanGovernment.aspx