Menu

Losing another sister...(updated)

happi duck

I'm so sorry happi duck. I wish I knew what to say. 

My husband's brother died suddenly a couple months ago and we still don't know why. He is the second brother my husband has lost. It still doesn't seem possible they are gone.

I'm sending you lots of hugs and love. I wish I could do more.

(((hugs and love))) 

• Sad 3

Oh Honey, I'm so sorry. 

I lost both brothers to the same cancer. I understand. 

❤️ Be gentle to yourself in your grief. Feel it all the way through, hard as it is. There are many who love and support you. Take all the time you need. Again, ❤️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

I have opened and then closed this thread without responding numerous times, praying for you but unable to find the words to actually post. 

Just know that for every message of support you read there, there are even more of us holding you in our thoughts and our hearts, sending love in whatever way we are able. 

I am so truly sorry. 

This is me, too. I don’t have anything eloquent to say, and “I’m sorry” just doesn’t seem like enough, but you and your family are on my mind, and all of my love goes out to all of you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I keep thinking of you and wondering how you’re doing, so I thought I’d post here and check in on you.

Thanks for checking in.  Today was the visitation/wake for my sister.  It was incredible.  My sister had so many circles of people who loved her.  Some I didn't even know about.

The most mind blowing was receiving messages online from people all over the US and Canada who knew her through participation in a particular thing that I didn't know about at *all*.   (Being vague for privacy)

Tomorrow is the funeral.  I'm speaking, which I'm comfortable with, but I haven't decided what to say!

Thanks again, Hive!

• Like 8

My brother and I both spoke at the funeral and it was well received.  I'm pleased with what I ended up saying.

The messages from the activity I knew nothing about continue to come in and now include many other countries.  My mind is blown.

I'm contacting a grief counselor tomorrow.  I'm struggling.

Thanks for the support, Hive!

• Like 11