Menu

What's with the ads?

LucyStoner

It has happened

My husband and sons are at a scout overnighter. My brother is at a PTA convention.  My nieces are with their non-custodial parent. All at the exact same time.  I couldn’t have planned it better and it just happened.  

There is no one here to take care of in any manner whatsoever.  No need to cook anything I don’t want to eat.  

I am home alone, all of today and most of tomorrow.  

I don’t even have accounting work I have to do because I finished a huge project this week. And I am very rested because I went to bed early last night and slept like a log.  

It’s the holy grail of the busy moms everywhere. Home alone and not tired or sick.  

My loose plan:

long walk, grab the groceries necessary for a steak, mushrooms and greens meal for one, make myself a great meal and then deep clean some stuff that’s been driving me nuts.  Then I am free to do whatever I want.  Which will probably be some combination of read and watch Netflix.  

Reccomendations?  What would you do?  

• Like 42

Go see a movie only I would want to see.  Or spend the day reading in peace.  Possibly on the beach. Or lakeside if you're too far from a beach.

Me? I would write. I would clean a little so I could enjoy my nice house and then I would write. And then I’d watch a movie of my own choosing while sketching. 

I would do exactly what you have planned to do.  Enjoy your time alone!!  ?

3 minutes ago, ___ said:

I would do exactly what you have planned to do.  Enjoy your time alone!!  ?

Me, too!

My preferred meal, clean out something for that sense of satisfaction, read and binge watch something on Netflix.

• Like 1

Your list looks spectacular!!

I would order take out - good take out from an actual restaurant with drive up, curbside pick up or the local sushi place.  Then clean a bit, but just a bit, and only so I don't feel guilty later.  Lastly, I would either personally pamper myself or go and get a pedicure and such.

So did you have fun? Did you end up watching a good movie? I definitely would not have cleaned or grocery shopped, lol. When I have time like that, I turn up the music really loud and gab with friends on the phone, not necessarily at the same time.

I would sew with the tv on in the background, nap at some point, and eat a meal that nobody else likes. probably something that included Brussels sprouts because EVERYONE has to comment on the smell every time I cook them. It would be nice to eat them one time without hearing any complaints.  

‘There night also be a pint of Ben and Jerry’s tossed in there somewhere. 

• Like 1

Here is a post I made many years ago.  Can you relate?   

1. I do well for 4-5 nights alone. After that, I tend to be thankful for the house alarm. Sigh.

2. Contrary to my husband's claims, there is no great mystery to taking out the garbage/recycling.

3. I do not use my fair share of the dishes in this house. The dishwasher had a pretty relaxed 9 days.

4. Not everything that is "worth doing" is measurable by tidiness of shelves, emptiness of laundry baskets, or decluttering. These are nice, but they are not all there is.

5. There is some truth to the line, "If only I had some time to myself, I would...(fill in the blank)..." There is also a good deal of self-delusion in it.

6. I had fun playing on the boards again.

7. Spending time--long periods of time--with friends in uninterrupted conversation is wonderful. It was the best thing I did this time, even though it also meant that my bookshelves still need ratting out.

8. Having friends who will come to my house to spend long periods of time with me while I am on "medical shut-in" status (three days, this time) is a blessing straight from God.

9. I'm a tidier person than I thought.

10. It's kind of fun to go to bed when I want to, and to be able to watch complicated movies without having to make endless interruptive explanations. And not to watch Star Wars.

11. It's hard to sort toys when my eyes are blurry because I am bawling, due to watching the musical Les Miserables.

12. I had no idea that the entire LEGO enterprise had manufactured so many bits and pieces, let alone that they had all found their way into my house.

13. The birdies would starve if left to my care; I forgot to fill the feeders until today.

14. When this season of my life is over, there will be a pathway for me to find the next purpose and job. I don't have to be bothered about it now; I just need to live into this season.

15. It was nice to not have to pony up patience and kindness during the somewhat trying medical three days of stringent diet and shut-in-ness. But it was boring, too.

16. I really love my guys. I miss them a lot. It will be great to have them home, and to tuck them in and cook for more than myself and do their dishes and marvel at the complexity of taking out the garbage, and step on the LEGOs and get going on the summer of swim and tennis and golf and sailing and Boy Scouts and Cannon Beach and all the business that will be because we will be together.

It's great that we can be apart and sufficient, but it is a huge blessing from God that we are together and don't have to be alone. I hope I can remember that for more than 9 days.

(Note that this is a recycled post I made on The Well Trained Mind discussion board. When a fellow blogger points people to your blog, it is probably well to make a post that is newer than two months.)

• Like 1

I think those rare days or weekends are magical, although as the kids grow up it becomes more frequent and I can imagine a time when I might want for a little commotion and a good reason to cook a big dinner. 

When I get loner times, I often get food out. I can eat just what I want and have no clean-up. I read. I knit. I do some serious cleaning. 

Friday and yesterday I did some deep cleaning, partially because it just needs it so badly; partially so it will be pristine for summer parties. DD was sick as can be yesterday with a strep infection, so Operation Germ Erradication is going to be happening today/tomorrow, depending on how much recovered she is. 

• Like 1

1. I would take a full length bubble bath until I pruned up.

2. Then I would use “the good lotion” all over myself.  

3. I would put on clean luxurious pajamas and stay in them all day.

4. I’d order great food to be delivered by UberEats.

5. I’d watch Netflix and doze in and out of consciousness in my recliner.

6. If I started to feel too fat and restless, I’d take a nice long walk and then revert back to Step One.

ENJOY!!!

• Like 1