Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Janeway

Bravewriter SAT/AP writing class? Or other suggestions?

I am looking for classes to help my son prep for the SAT. The writing gives him a lot of anxiety. And next year, he has a couple AP classes. Is the Bravewritter online class a good choice or are there other good choices?

I don't have any experience with the Bravewriter class, but please make sure your son knows that little weight is given to the SAT essay.  In fact, not very many colleges even require that the student submit an SAT score with the essay.  

My D does have a couple of schools on her list that do require the essay, however.  She worked through the SAT Essay book by College Panda.  The workbook gives a template to follow when writing the essay which my D found very useful on test day.

Good luck to your son on the SAT!

• Like 1

Even though he didn't really need to take the writing portion of the SAT, I thought the class was great for my son. He needed the practice in reading directions carefully, making a plan, and getting it written in the time given. Writing on the fly is very difficult for him. And I thought it was great that he got to learn how to approach the ACT essay as well, even though he wasn't going to take the ACT. Switching between the two kinds of essays was a good experience for him.

• Like 1