Menu

What's in your mail?

Carrie12345

I'm truly sick of garbage being allowed to come through my mail.

All of our billing is done online. I get (and want) a couple of magazines, Lego catalogs, plus one grocery circular that I intentionally signed up for.  Sometimes Amazon delivers through USPS.  Yet my box is *always* stuffed, no matter how many forms I fill out.  Everyone wants to give me money, a chance to win a car, buy junk I'm not interested in, blah, blah, blah.  It's all garbage!

Except when it isn't, and I find an invitation for an event that happened two weeks ago buried in the to-be-shred pile. :::bangs head:::

We have a locking large mailbox so I leave all of that garbage mail in the box until every Tuesday when our garbage and recycle bins are pulled to the curb and then I pull them out and directly drop them into recycle. It is such a waste and I wish I could opt out. I feel your pain and frustration with it!

Besides junk, I get bills (because while I pay online, I want hard copies mailed to me), magazines that we are subscribed to, business mail (of the not unsolicited junk variety), packages for things we've ordered or sometimes gifts from people, letters (yes, snail mail).  I pull out all the "real mail" daily.  Every two weeks I pull out the bills to pay (because payday) and dump the junk. 

Expaination of Benefits (EOBs) from our insurance company.  Oh so many EOBs.  We could paper the entire house with them.  I learned my lesson though: do not count on the electronic copies to be complete on resubmittalsz.  And with soooo many appointments, it add up.  

We also get a few magazines and a lot of fundraising mail.  I used to a fundraiser so I guess that’s karma.  Also, I used to gift $10 to any org who attended my fundraising workshops if they did the activities so I ended up on a lot a mailing lists over the years.  

I opt out of catalogs pretty religiously so while we do get unsolicited junk mail, not as much.  Mostly the grocery circulars and I actually use those. 

Packages from Amazon, magazines, a few bills (like my son's utilty bill- why it comes to our house and why he gets it anyway- who knows since he pays online and looks at it online), flyers and catalogs, insurance ads, charity requests, etc.  Also at itmes, personal mail too.

We get all of bills online as well.  I only get the mail 2-3 times a week now.  We do get some magazines we like to read and my girls love when the American Girl Doll catalogs come, other than those the main thing we look out for are invitations and pen pal letters.