Menu

CC memory work for home

Anyone use the CC memory work cds for use at home? We don't have a community close, and I don't want that anyways. 

I figure at home I could pick the parts we like and make connections to what we are learning.

I am using VP for history so I have that timeline song instead. So is the other stuff worth it?

Just wondering if the guide book is helpful for home use. Does the memory work seem like too much or just right? Worth it for home use or does it feel pointless without the community? 

Thanks. 

I bought the old ones when they were closing out and used them for car schooling, picking whatever went with the topics we were studying, along with a lot of stuff (Shurley Grammar jingles, Grammar Songs, Geography Songs...) I got pretty sick of the songs and phrases, but it seemed to work to help “front load” the topics. 

• Like 3

We’ve been using the Claritas Cycle 2 memory work this year and like it a lot! It’s more expensive than the C.C. materials because you have to buy each cycle separately. But I find it completely worth it because I love the 4-cycle format that makes it line up nicely with SOTW, and (this one is major for me) I’m not hounds by C.C. directors trying to recruit me into their communities. I’ll be buying the rest of the Claritas materials this summer to reduce my shipping cost and to be prepared for the upcoming years. We don’t use memory work out of context so I happily keep it in our lessons. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Meriwether said:

I made my own memory books one year that went with our Bible, history, Latin, geography, etc.

Did you just go through the work each day? Or how did you review it? 

Part of what I want through CC stuff is that it is in CDs and easy that way.

Be aware that not every subject in CC is set to a song.  The history is, most of the Latin, math skip counting songs, presidents, states and capitals...most of the English, science, and geography is not.  We did CC for 3 years and my kids remember the history songs and timeline song but not much else. 

• Like 1