Menu

Famous Quotes (Board/Card) Game For Kids

Anyone have a recommendation for a famous quotes board or card game--family style & accessible to K-6 kids? Kind of like 'Who Said this...?'...famous authors, poet, scientists, Bible quotes, mathematicians, philosophers, etc. (but all [or at least most] known to kids.....)

• Like 1

I'll answer my own post, LOL. I haven't found any pre-made 'Who said that?' quotes games--no surprise there, I suppose. I did buy a notebook however and we'll keep a running log of quotes we run into and like. I may do the same on index cards & make a DIY game of sorts with perhaps a blank printable game board. I'm not sure of details (rules of play) but if you've any ideas, please do share! I don't know why I'm so recently enamored with this topic but the family's enthusiasm has got me excited to incorporate quotes more regularly into our family time. And who doesn't like a good game? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eagleynne said:

I've got one. Finish Lines, http://www.game-board.com/finish_lines.html, is family friendly board game that features quotes from a variety of sources. It's easy to understand, and can be made more or less difficult for different ages.

Thanks so much! This looks perfect & I put it in my Amazon cart.

On May 19, 2018 at 5:38 PM, eagleynne said:

I've got one. Finish Lines, http://www.game-board.com/finish_lines.html, is family friendly board game that features quotes from a variety of sources. It's easy to understand, and can be made more or less difficult for different ages.

I bought Finish Lines & we played it last night. What a hoot! In order to even the playing field, we picked quotes my daughter could reasonably know. I also made mental note of quotes we could explore more deeply at another time ('mom work' time) so she can expand her repertoire. Thanks for the recommendation! 

2 hours ago, Earthmerlin said:

I bought Finish Lines & we played it last night. What a hoot! In order to even the playing field, we picked quotes my daughter could reasonably know. I also made mental note of quotes we could explore more deeply at another time ('mom work' time) so she can expand her repertoire. Thanks for the recommendation! 

Glad you liked it! We've always had a good time playing it.