Menu

Where to find wide width big girls sandals?

rbk mama

DD (11yo) wears a size 5 youth or size 7 ladies shoe, but her feet are very wide - wider than mine and I wear a 7.5 or 8.  Are there sandals that run wide and come in fun colors?  She's very much a KID and wants purple, bright colors, etc.  We've always done Teva with the kids because they last forever, but on her the foot bed is too narrow (even with adjusting the straps) - if we fit her for the width, they are way too long.  TIA!

My elementary-aged girl wears a womens 8.5 or 9 wide right now.  She has good luck with crocs (be aware that they come in 3 widths, and you want the widest).  Even though you can never predict what they'll have, we've also had good luck at Shoe Show.  They seem to have wides more often than most places, but it's like going to Big Lots - they have a random mix of stuff and you might find 3 things that you like, or none.  I don't know that I've ever gotten sandals there, but I have gotten boots and Mary Janes for church...we were thrilled to find some 'little girl appropriate' shoes in such a big size.  Some of the Yellow Box brand flip-flops work on her even though they're not specifically wide, although I don't know what shape this year's styles have.  

• Like 1

I have this problem with my son. He wears about a 6W youth. I order all of his shoes from Zappos.  You can search by size.  Sadly, there are not many choices. Using the W in the search knocks down the number of hits significantly. 

• Like 1

Thanks a ton!  I found some Chacos that might work!  She doesn't like the look of Birkenstocks or the closed-toe sandals that Keen sells.  She needs a good athletic teva-type sandal that has a wide width.  So far no luck in finding Crocs that fit the bill or anything on Zappos.

Great idea to check on boys styles (boys are wearing bright colors now right?)

Any other suggestions?

18 minutes ago, rbk mama said:

Thanks a ton!  I found some Chacos that might work!  She doesn't like the look of Birkenstocks or the closed-toe sandals that Keen sells.  She needs a good athletic teva-type sandal that has a wide width.  So far no luck in finding Crocs that fit the bill or anything on Zappos.

Great idea to check on boys styles (boys are wearing bright colors now right?)

Any other suggestions?

Would these work?

http://m.womanwithin.com/clothing/Savannah-Sandals-by-Ryka.aspx?PfId=552846&DeptId=24519&ProductTypeId=1&ppos=10&Splt=0

• Like 1