Menu

Need decorating help - new bathroom

2squared

We gutted our bathroom and are at the stage for picking the vanity and flooring. The bathroom door (only old item remaining) is dark brown and matches the other interior doors so it doesn't make sense to replace it. 

Dh wants a brown vanity to match the door. I prefer dark gray/black because those colors seem more current. The shower and toilet are white. 

Our new 3/4 basement bath has a black vanity with gray/white top, light brown oak door, and brown/gray/black linoleum.  I think it looks very nice and fits with the rest of our very average-at-best house.

we saw an yellow-ivory vanity with a dark brown top that I could live with, but I don't think it would work with a white shower and toilet.

What would you do for colors? I want a fresh, light feel without dating us, if possible. I hate decorating; I would gladly pay for this skill set. 

What color will the bathroom floor be? I think a dark brown cabinet would be fine, but choose one that doesn't show the grain of the wood. And then choose a light colored countertop.

Or choose a white cabinet and a counter that has brown and white tones in it. What kind of material will the counter be?