Menu

Quick & EAsy Spring Meal Favorites

My last week + has been utterly crazy. 

I'm still recovering but craving some good food (ie whole foods lots of veggies), I'd love some recipes if you've got them, my brain is a little fried-

TIA!

Last night I made a grain free tabbouleh which everyone loved.

Tabbouleh was basically a heap of chopped parsley with finely diced tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, red capsicum, salt & pepper, olive oil, lemon juice. Then instead of the bulgur I just grated some cauliflower, fried it off quickly and tossed it through.

• Like 3

Greek chicken salad

Chicken breast seasoned with something easy (I use The Keg's Steak Spice) and then baked until done.

Salad with romaine lettuce, baby tomatoes, and cucumbers.

Salad dressing: 2 tbsp lemon juice, 6 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp red wine vinegar, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper

Sprinkle feta cheese on the salad and top with diced up chicken. You could throw olives in, too, if you like.

Marinated Pork Loin and Roasted Veggies

Marinade: 6 tbsp coconut aminos, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp garlic (pressed or chopped or whatever), let sit for 2 hours or more on the pork.

Cook the pork in the oven at 350 until done.

Meanwhile, chop a bunch of veggies - I usually do Brussels sprouts and cauliflower, but you could add broccoli and potato. Toss them in avocado oil, sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper (and maybe a bit of cayenne...) and roast in the oven. 

• Like 1

Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup (since my hubby can't have dairy) and add a squeeze of lemon juice or sour cream otherwise a not so "healthy" version

Roasted asparagus is good too, mix about 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp apricot jam, 1 tbsp oil, mix with trimmed asparagus - roast at 400 until tender. 

Red Lentil Veg Soup ... I throw in whatever veggies I have on hand or are on sale

• Like 1