Menu

It was supposed to be Lazarus Saturday.  We got strep throat and the flu anyway and missed everything, so in a way it was providential.  But Father wants to get in touch with DH to make sure he's permissive of this whole deal, but hasn't yet.  So we'll see.  I'm not all earth-shattered or anything, but discouragement creeps up on me from time to time.  Thoughts like, how am I supposed to do this without the support of the Sacraments?  Reading about the desert people helps, though.  <insert smiley face here, lol>

Thanks.  And no, that was the everything we missed.  We did stuff at home: watched services, prayed the hours on Holy Friday, read the Gospels for each of the Bridegroom services.  I didn't have service books at home so that was all I could think to do.  We've been through most of Holy Week between 2016 and 2017, though.  I was prepared to do it all this year, basically cancelling seatwork and clearing our schedule.  Because we can, so why not?  But oh well!  Life happens.    : )