Menu

What's with the ads?

fairfarmhand

Best Carol Burnet Sketches

Gone with the Wind parody is a classic as is her Nora Desmond (although it helps to know the movie).   I loved CB when I was a teen.   I loved the Mrs. Wiggins character the most.  The Oldest Man as a Galley Slave is pretty great too.  Loved Tim Conway and Harvey Korman together.  Just youtube those.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Twigs said:

The Dentist with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman

YES! This one is absolutely hilarious. I love how Korman breaks character because Conway is being so absurdly hilarious.

• Like 2

The two I first thought of have already been mentioned - Gone with the Wind and the elephant sketch with Tim Conway. Oh, my, I did love that show!

2 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

YES! This one is absolutely hilarious. I love how Korman breaks character because Conway is being so absurdly hilarious.

The best part of that show was watching Tim Conway make the others (especially Harvey Korman) crack up.

• Like 3

I like the one with Carol as Queen Elizabeth, Tim Conway as a hollowed out little freak, and a young Maggie Smith as his girlfriend

So many people love Mama's Family sketches.  I never liked them and never watched the spin-off show either.  It's one of those things that used to make me wonder what was wrong with me because so many people loved it.  ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

So many people love Mama's Family sketches.  I never liked them and never watched the spin-off show either.  It's one of those things that used to make me wonder what was wrong with me because so many people loved it.  ?

I never liked Mama's Family either. I feel like when they started doing those they lost the essence of The Carol Burnett Show. 

• Like 1