Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

Oooo, look-ie! You can post pictures directly from your mobile device now!

2 hours ago, Angie in VA said:

Loving all these pix and seeing you boardies! 

Quill, is this cat a Maine Coon? It's gorgeous!!!

She is actually just a “mut” backyard-born kitty, but has that type of look. Her brother, Thor, died last year. He was a beautiful black long-haired cat with a big, heavy build. This is not a great picture of him and he was already sick, but I don’t have a better one on this ipad. 

C35F9123-8D33-46C6-A768-AECBE92013E3.jpeg

• Like 10

Cool! You are all so photogenic!  I am NOT! Lol. I will try sharing my most recent sea glass picture to see if I can actually figure this out...

6DDAAE68-8AC0-45CF-B0AA-48E6019D9F3C.jpegETA:  I did it!  I am amazed! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

I don't take selfies so I don't have any on my phone, but we went on a field trip yesterday to a windmill farm near our house and this is the view from the bottom of the 260 ft windmill

20180504_093342.jpg

Edited by Momto5inIN
Eta loving seeing all of your pictures!!! And to clarify,I don't take selfies because I'm not photogenic, not because I have something against selfies. You all are beautiful! :)
  • Like 15

Momto5inIN, your avatar is super cute.  You're more photogenic than you think.  The windmill is cool too!  

• Like 6

It worked! Now I can post pics from my hair cuts when I come on here to vent that they cut it too short! ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

You are buried beneath a dog the size of my shoe! How can that be?! Lol! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 hours ago, Kinsa said:

Well hello there! LOL

20180210_214431.jpg

Oh my gosh, you look so young!  I know you have older kids, but you look like you're about 26, if that.  I'm tempted to ask what you use on your skin, down there in the dry country!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What a fun thread! Here’s me sneaking a selfie while out shopping for furniture with dh.

16F79710-424B-4EF3-BBAF-89A5A9EABC38.jpeg

• Like 20

54 minutes ago, Serenade said:

Oh my gosh, you look so young!  I know you have older kids, but you look like you're about 26, if that.  I'm tempted to ask what you use on your skin, down there in the dry country!

Doesn’t she? I want to accuse her of using a filter or photoshopping herself, but clearly that’s just a gorgeous, natural close up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My kid, telling his 1991 car goodbye. We got it when he was a baby, he learned to drive in it and had it through college, and just sold it yesterday to a 17 year old who looked super happy to have wheels.

2240F63D-25F5-447F-867D-DC1870DB23E7.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

And not to leave out his twin brother,  whose graduation I couldn't attend (because I obviously can't be in two places at once). But my dh was there,  and I watched it on live streaming.

20180505_220410.jpg

• Like 27

7 minutes ago, Kinsa said:

Guess what I did today!

20180505_122734.jpg

Judging from your youthful skin, which clearly everyone agrees with, I would say you attended your brother’s commencement! 

Congratulations, Kinsa boys! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kinsa said:

Guess what I did today!

That's super exciting! Congratulations! And two at once - awesome. 

• Thanks 1

Here is a good pic to test with... I asked ds (6) to unload what he could from the dishwasher for the first time and instead of leaving what he couldn't reach IN the dishwasher, he stacked them neatly in the middle of the kitchen floor! I was not expecting that when I came speeding around the corner into the kitchen 20 minutes later! ?

0217181048.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

I've never posted pictures before, so I'll give this a try.

This is my youngest and me yesterday morning just before marching in the parade.

eta: It worked!

Edited again. Wow! It's a huge picture on the computer!

Learned something new. I wrote the reason for the edit/removal of the picture in the "reason for edit" box, but it didn't show up in my post. I wonder what the purpose of the box is. Anyway, I removed the picture because I thought I'd removed location identifying info, but it was still visible.

• Like 17

Karen you look beautiful. 

Quill, I love the dress and shoes. 

Garga for some reason I'm not seeing your photos. 

Here's what a Falcon 9 launch looks like from my front yard, when we're too lazy to drive a couple of miles for a closer view. 

20180418_185125.jpg

• Like 19

21 hours ago, Quill said:

You are buried beneath a dog the size of my shoe! How can that be?! Lol! 

He is on me whenever I'm down and following me whenever I'm up. For some reason, he likes walking on my chest when I'm laying on my back. I think he just likes to do anything to get just that little bit more height. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here are my two pets! I love the one where my cat is stretched across the window sill, sound asleep!

18A53DEF-DAD6-438A-9409-FB9A8AF63A45.jpeg

BB3535AC-B2E0-4E2F-92F5-16E7B9AE83D3.jpeg

6626A9E3-BA65-461A-B941-B508B1542717.jpeg

• Like 18

I'm loving all these pictures of you all, your kiddos, and your pets. I'm going to try and add more. I don't take selfies and don't have many of me. 

I'm not sure how many it will let me put in one post so I apologize in advance if I spam the thread. 

Here's my young man, who will turn 21 in September.

Next is Cookie who we think is probably getting close to 2 years old. 

Third is my best girl, Crookshanks. She'll be 10 in June. We brought her home from the shelter when she was 4 months old. Ds named her and was later sorry. Princess or Her Royal Highness would be a better fit. She loves to help me crochet. Her other hobbies include sleeping on laps and changing the font size on my Kindle. 

20180506_164416.jpg

20180206_115702.jpg

20151228_191223.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

One more. Our grandsons. The 3 year old (4 in July) is on the left and the 6 year old on the right. These are the little guys we want to move to be closer to. 

20180506_173129.jpg

• Like 22

My church at sunset just prior to the Tenebræ service

32F41403-59CF-40C8-B1E0-EDE81F3EC135.thumb.jpeg.cef65daaf8b690ddc4d20db5d7807e1b.jpeg

Taken from the choir loft above and at the back of the Cathedral. 

• Like 12

Lady Florida, your son is so handsome! 

Here are some other pictures:

One of DS and DD when she returned home from France; DS13 when he was going to a homescool dance this spring. 

CBFF22A8-3476-4CFC-B198-E9368F36A7F7.jpeg

F05B6CF0-9A2F-4A11-BE8E-222A5C0D8199.jpeg

• Like 20

On 5/5/2018 at 12:03 AM, Garga said:

I’ll delete them all sometimes tomorrow

That explains why I'm not seeing your photos. <slaps forehead>

On 5/5/2018 at 3:16 PM, Momto5inIN said:

And to clarify,I don't take selfies because I'm not photogenic, not because I have something against selfies. 

Same here. Also, when I do try to take one my eyes look weird because I'm looking at the phone to make sure I press the right button, or else I'm looking up to try and make it look like I'm not actually looking at my phone. LOL. Clearly I haven't learned how to take a selfie properly. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow, what a good looking bunch you all are!  I won't ruin the glamour of our online community by posting my saggy, baggy self (also, no selfies here to post), but here's my test-of-the-system -- younger dd ready for prom.  We found a pattern from the 1970s for wrap pants; she drew a fake tattoo on her sternum

IMG_3009.jpg

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

Same here. Also, when I do try to take one my eyes look weird because I'm looking at the phone to make sure I press the right button, or else I'm looking up to try and make it look like I'm not actually looking at my phone. LOL. Clearly I haven't learned how to take a selfie properly. ?

Me, too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

One more. Our grandsons. The 3 year old (4 in July) is on the left and the 6 year old on the right. These are the little guys we want to move to be closer to. 

20180506_173129.jpg

Well who wouldn’t want to move closer to them?!  They’re such cute little muffins!

• Like 2

FINALLY destroying the walls in our temporary home to open up the cramped, dark dining room and let light flow through.  It was SUCH a change.  And the demolition not only completely changed the flow in the living spaces, it also satisfied my soul to destroy so much wallpaper.

FCECC295-A7AB-45DC-9ECB-BF6E6111E893.thumb.jpeg.10897bd91cddfcd1a510e1fc199a02d5.jpeg

B38A457F-467A-47B6-BF6C-4946303F8A4F.thumb.jpeg.1ceec4dc7a8590f72e19f49d7e3e70b8.jpeg

• Like 15

15 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

20180506_173129.jpg

So sweet!

• Like 1

I absolutely love the randomness of the photos on this thread! So fun. Neat to see all of the gorgeous kids and pets. And grandkids - I'd move closer to those two, too. 

And I love the 70's prom pants - they're beautiful!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arctic Mama said:

FINALLY destroying the walls in our temporary home to open up the cramped, dark dining room and let light flow through.  It was SUCH a change.  And the demolition not only completely changed the flow in the living spaces, it also satisfied my soul to destroy so much wallpaper.

We renovated this house when we first moved in (that handsome young man upthread was 2-1/2). There is something cathartic about kicking down a wall. Even better if you get to destroy wallpaper. 

31 minutes ago, SarahCB said:

And I love the 70's prom pants - they're beautiful!

Yes, I loved that! Such a lovely young lady too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GailV said:

Wow, what a good looking bunch you all are!  I won't ruin the glamour of our online community by posting my saggy, baggy self (also, no selfies here to post), but here's my test-of-the-system -- younger dd ready for prom.  We found a pattern from the 1970s for wrap pants; she drew a fake tattoo on her sternum

IMG_3009.jpg

Wow! What a dynamite beauty! Also, my legs have never done this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Quill said:

Wow! What a dynamite beauty! Also, my legs have never done this. 

LOL. Neither have mine. Not even when I was young and skinny and way more flexible.

• Haha 4

I love everyone's photos!  

I also don't tend to take photos of myself, mainly because I have no phone, I'll see what I've got - 

A, here I am visiting my mom, my peach tree last year, and my kids at Burns nighthaggis.thumb.JPG.a8841ff1a5ba722cef4d007891bd9890.JPG:

me.jpg.392355030fb1983728cd010c79c04e09.jpgDSCF0748.thumb.JPG.1d19bebcb14d051ee1633f624ec25091.JPG

• Like 13

I'm going to try one more - video! - if this works, it is dd and her friends practicing for their music festival entry last year.  (I will likely take this down tomorrow.)

• Like 11

I love this thread and I'm wondering why I didn't wander in here sooner!?   Garga, I missed all your photos ?

Let me see what I can find.  I also don't take many selfies... I'm not too photogentic. 

Here's my youngest two at Pascha just before we left for church.   Then my youngest grandson wrapped in one of my handwoven blankets

20180407_224418.jpg

20180430_143750.jpg

• Like 12