Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

Oooo, look-ie! You can post pictures directly from your mobile device now!

Just now, happysmileylady said:

Great pic!

i wonder if phone emojis work

?

Not as far as I can figure. 

Oh my gosh! Is that you? You are beautiful!!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Quill said:

Oh my gosh! Is that you? You are beautiful!!!

Lol... Yes,  that's me after a trip to the salon. Here's what I usually look like...

20180120_154831.jpg

When I'm giving the kids "THE LOOK"...

20180210_091644.jpg

When I'm waiting for dh to come home and I'm bored...

FB_IMG_1513213738849.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

GASP!  It worked!  OMG!  This is a huge file.  I wonder if they’ll figure out that we’re uploading huge files and make us stop.  

This is my australian sheep herder son.  

Well, it’s my son, but he’s not a sheep herder.  Or Australian. I have a photographer friend who was taking pix of us and let us do some dress up shots for fun. The sheep skin is what she uses to photograph newborns.  Human newborns...not lambs...

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

But Kinsa, your skin is gorgeous! It looks like a 20-year-old’s! How can you live in the desert and look like you have the skin of a Swiss Mountain girl? 

Seriously. You’re gorgeous. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This is my cat, Luna. 

8133403D-BDDD-4ED6-A2BA-E53B230040A3.jpeg

• Like 17

My wedding day..

When we went to Gobbler’s Knob and DH pulled a little groundhog out of the stump.

Last summer when I went to a princess party for a friend’s 40th birthday and I went as Princess Leia. 

My favorite Christmas picture.

(I’ll probably delete this post tomorrow.  But...I have to share, at least temporarily!)

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

That bow-and-arrow picture! <Rofl!> It’s like you’re saying, “Oh, geez, son, did you shoot your brother again?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is when I was trying to decide between two different shoes to wear to a wedding. I picked the ones on the left, though the right ones were very beautiful. They were tight. And way more expensive. I returned the expensive shoes and then felt like I had “free money” and then bought new running shoes. True story. 

49419335-88F5-42C2-A0E3-D82EEC25A759.jpeg

6D858D6B-9733-4427-B47A-3C20AA8F53AD.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

This is what I look like when my husband finally figures out that it's time to turn on the heater... lol

IMG_1515847227813.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, Garga said:

@Kinsa  You do not look amused.  (Which is amusing!)

I wasn't,  which is why dh snapped that picture of me... lol

• Haha 2

Here’s more of the dress. Ignore the junk in my closet. I loved this dress. Surprisingly, I sent these photos to my DD and she was like, “well...do YOU like it? Cause that is what matters!” I was like, “Really? You don’t like it?” She was all, “No, it’s fine...it just seems like an odd length...not quite long, not quite short. But if YOU love it, that’s what counts!”

Ummm. Ok. 

943F3251-D0AD-4475-A1AA-DDDC0D360434.jpeg

812D78B0-AE6E-4195-BAF6-A57653A4B572.jpeg

• Like 17

This is what I would look like as a man.  The original picture was one I took for my old blog.  I was writing about how you look calm on the outside in front of the sales person, but on the inside you’re falling apart when you hear how much it’ll cost to replace the roof.  

I also put the boys’ pictures into the face-changer so they could see what they’ll look like when they’re men.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Now HERE'S a winsome picture of me... complete with the "mom" t-shirt and the "crocs and socks" -- and yes,  I went to the post office looking like this... Lol20180423_193424.thumb.jpg.7c5085df13443747c7c74ae878d96ac2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

And here I am geeking out over my new hat with bug netting... bwahaha...

20180112_173527.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Kinsa said:

Now HERE'S a winsome picture of me... complete with the "mom" t-shirt and the "crocs and socks" -- and yes,  I went to the post office looking like this... Lol

I wish the ROFL emoji was still around!  That’s a great picture!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, nobody else lives there, anyway. ? 

When you have the skin of a 20-year-old-Guess-Jeans-model, you can wear whatever you want. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I need to get to bed, too, but I can’t resist posting one more.  I’ll delete them all sometimes tomorrow

Found our 20th anniversary pic and am posting it as a follow up to the previously posted wedding picture.  It’ll be 26 years next month. 

On our 20th, I was still new to photography and spent like an hour setting up the camera on a tripod and working out exactly where we should stand and blah blah.  I was actually a sweaty mess in the pictures because it was HOT that day.  Poor DH got home from work and then I made him pose on the front lawn to get the Perfect Picture.  He happened to bring home flowers with him, and I think they really make the picture.  

I just remembered, this was before I had a remote control for the camera, so I had to put the camera on a timer, push the shutter release button, then dash across the lawn in the heels and pose before the camera took the pictures.  Sweaty mess.  It was like 98 degrees that day.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, maize said:

Not me, but here's a photo I took today

Glad you cleared that up.  (Smile!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Kinsa said:

And here I am geeking out over my new hat with bug netting... bwahaha...

My family needs those.  We have a bush about 2 centimeters from the front door and the bees adore that bush in the spring.  They’re always swooping around our heads when we leave the house.  Whatever little flowers that are on that bush are like nectar to the bees.  (Wait...)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, heartlikealion said:

What’s up? Oh me, just attempting virtual reality basketball. Spoiler - I was terrible 

VR basketball!? I’d think you’d end up slam dunking someone on the head by accident.  Sounds like an active game to be playing with your eyes pretty much blindfolded.  : )

• Haha 1

That's at dh's work on a Friday afternoon when no one was around. You can only play in a certain radius and you can hit a button to move across the court. It was brand new and glitchy. I did eventually make a basket lol. There are other things I want to try out. A walk in the woods. Looking forward to letting ds try it out for educational purposes. There's something about the human body on there, but I am not sure if it's gonna gross me out haha

• Like 2

You’re right, Garga, the flowers totally make that photo.

And I KWYM about dashing over to be in the picture. I have done that for countless family photos, both for the entire extended family and for my immediate family for Christmas cards. 

• Like 2

Awesome! I can’t imagine having kangaroos hopping around outside.

As an aside, I always wondered what sort of great deal marsupials made with God or Mother Nature, because gestating in a pouch is a really good idea. Two of my babies were over 9#s at birth. It would have been far preferable if I could have just say, “Hey, you. Your ass is big enough now. Hop out.” 

Although if human mothers had a pouch, we would probably stick the pull-ups, water bottle, teething toys, paci and 947 tissues in there and then be like, “Damn! No room for the baby again...” 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

34 minutes ago, Quill said:

As an aside, I always wondered what sort of great deal marsupials made with God or Mother Nature, because gestating in a pouch is a really good idea. Two of my babies were over 9#s at birth. It would have been far preferable if I could have just say, “Hey, you. Your ass is big enough now. Hop out.” 

Although if human mothers had a pouch, we would probably stick the pull-ups, water bottle, teething toys, paci and 947 tissues in there and then be like, “Damn! No room for the baby again...” 

I have seen mother kangaroos with such a big baby in their pouch that it is dragging on the ground while the mother tries to eat

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Beautiful, not at all how I pictured you Kinda, but beautiful.

I can rock the mom look with the socks and Crocs too.....ok, I look hideous, but I do wear socks with the Crocs at times.

• Like 2

Love the pics. But now for those of us who are ignorant, can you please explain how you did this? I couldn't figure out how to post pics on the last boards and haven't even attempted it on this version. All I could ever do is post a link to a picture like at photo bucket.

• Like 1

Trying it out to see how it works from my laptop.

I uploaded the tree photo (our front yard) to try to figure out why I got all the phone status stuff on the first photo, if it was something I did wrong in the upload. But It think it's because DS22 sent it to me as a screen shot. Or something. Can you tell I don't know a lot about photos???

IMG_0640.PNG

IMG_0675.JPG

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Night Elf said:

Love the pics. But now for those of us who are ignorant, can you please explain how you did this? I couldn't figure out how to post pics on the last boards and haven't even attempted it on this version. All I could ever do is post a link to a picture like at photo bucket.

it's easy!

Open a reply box. Click on the link at the bottom that says "choose files." It will then let you select what photo you want to upload, and then it puts it into your post. It appears to work exactly the same on my laptop and phone.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Night Elf said:

I never could manage it before, either. (And I still cannot get an avatar picture.) 

Assuming you have photos on the device from which you are posting, you just begin a post and click on the “click to choose files” with the little paper clip on it. Choose your photo from wherever it is (mine is Photo Library on my ipad) and checkmark the photo you want to use. Push Done. And it will upload. 

Give it a try! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quill said:

We have a mob of about 20 come through quite regularly. Some of them are huge! These two are a mother and older Joey, they are often separate from the rest.

Yeah, carrying 9lb babies in or out is not much fun (I had a 9lb 8oz and 9lb 2oz)! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Quill said:

This is my cat, Luna. 

8133403D-BDDD-4ED6-A2BA-E53B230040A3.jpeg

Loving all these pix and seeing you boardies! 

Quill, is this cat a Maine Coon? It's gorgeous!!!

• Like 2