Menu

I hate ironing, talk to me about steamers

KathyBC

Seriously, I am not the one to add to this discussion.  I have not ironed any article of clothing in the past five years!  That's right -  for formal occasions such as graduations , I have encouraged my sons o take a dress shirt to the launders.  The rest of the time, quick removal from the dryer and quickly hung on a hanger is the  go to method around here.  I think the last time I used an iron was to wax leaves in the Fall.

Me bad,

Myra

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, mostly it's for the odd dress or w.h.y. that I'm scared to iron. Plus I find trying to line clothes up with corners on the ironing board so I don't wrinkle the other side is frustrating. I imagine it wouldn't get used often. But you've introduced a new wrinkle, lol - I will most certainly find a way to burn myself.

I steam everything with my iron.  My husband sets up the table and irons his pants (we have shirts dry cleaned), but unless I am sewing, it's much easier to plug in the iron (which lives in my closet), hold it vertically, press the steam button and my garment (I just hook its hanger sideways onto another garment's hanger) is wrinkle-free in a couple of passes.  I steam nearly all of my clothes--casual shirts, skirts, dress pants, t-shirts, anything that wrinkles.  Wrinkles just fall out.  It does require an iron with a good steaming function, but it doesn't require a steamer.

• Like 1

Well I have both.  I use the iron more.  I don't iron or steam that often. I do like the steamer, but I still need the iron too.  I think that I can very quickly steam out wrinkles and then finish off quickly with the iron if it is necessary.  It is very easy for me to burn myself on the steamer if I'm not paying good enough attention.  I'm not sure what kind I have.  My mom gifted me this at one point several years back.

• Like 1