Menu

American Literature

Honestly, I was impressed with AOP's American Literature.  I liked that it is chronological, includes a bio of the authors and gives historical perspective.  The questions ranged from deep dish to lighter fare.  Some complete works are included but many are segments or partial examples of various works.  It is designed to be a semester (I think) but we included a more indepth look at a complete work and more writing assignments. 

Also, if you want a text, take a look at Scott Foresman's American literature.  You could get the teacher edition which includes the answers to discussion questions.  I liked this text because it included works I would otherwise not have included.  Again, some complete works but also some partial. 

EIther of these could be done independently with a motivated student

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HollyDay said:

Also, if you want a text, take a look at Scott Foresman's American literature.  You could get the teacher edition which includes the answers to discussion questions.  I liked this text because it included works I would otherwise not have included.  Again, some complete works but also some partial. 

Well, you can try to get a teacher edition. So far, I've just ended up with more student texts (usually a slightly different edition). Thinking third time's the charm. . . 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HollyDay said:

try searching by ISBN

Oh, it was listed under the TE's ISBN. I got refunds since they was listed wrong. I just wish this didn't happen every time I order a Teacher Manual. I have even emailed and asked the vendor to physically put eyes on the text to make sure it was what it was listed as. They either say they did and it is fine (and thus Gove me a refund when it arrives and is a student text) or say it is too much work to check and I should just trust the process and order. So, I get a refund. It is a hassle!!

• Like 1