Menu

Dimensions Math (New Singapore Math Series)

lovintolearn

I am a complete sucker for new math programs too. But, I think I will stick with the regular Singapore Math. The Dimensions one looks interesting, but if anything, a little more cluttered and less clear than the earlier Singapore Math Primary and US editions. 

I don’t know about the lower levels (didn’t realize they had lower levels until the post) but my DD is using 6B right now and we really like it. I like it better than 6B of the US Edition. I like the layout a lot too and it doesn’t feel cluttered to us. A concept is explained with a fully worked problem or two, then there are several problems for the student to try. After a few of these there’s an exercise to practice all of those concepts with four different levels of difficulty. At the end of each chapter there’s a page that summarizes the information covered. There are classroom activities also but we usually skip those. 

21 hours ago, ghcostafamily said:

I didn’t know they had older Dimensions levels out? Their post said it was only k-1 I believe...is this an older program that they are revamping?

Dimensions 7 and 8 has been out for awhile, and last year? 6A textbook came out. It looks like eventually it’ll be a self-contained series encompassing pK-8.