Menu

GED for University of Hartford.

Pronghorn

I am wondering if it is possibly a mistake. But the admissions rep seemed very sure. And I asked when it would be required, and they wanted it at the time of application, which would mean taking it in early fall of the senior year. I worry about that getting in the way of dual enrollment because she might be perceived as a graduate early in her senior year.

Personally, I would apply without it as soon as possible and see what happens. If they truly require it, you should get a notice like 'your application is missing the following documents.'

We made the decision early on that my dds would not take the GED or even SAT subject tests if they were only required for homeschoolers. The GED is just silly if you have a transcript and ACT score, and they had DE classes to validate the homeschool GPA. The subject test thing was only put to the test at one school, and she did get in even though they stated that at least two subject tests were required. Of course, this is easier to do if you aren't already set on certain schools, but applying early should give you more time to decide. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Pronghorn said:

The school has now backed down and is calling this a "miscommunication." I am relieved.

Good for you for checking on this and pressing on it a bit.  Miscommunication and misunderstandings do happen.  And some of the people in admissions offices are fairly recent graduates themselves.

• Like 1