Menu

I just want ...... (for fun)

Home'scool

..... some reason that is not health or bad in anyway but requires me to not work, stay home and knit all day!

..... to go on on a Caribbean vacation where the room is actually a hut over the water so I can just step out and jump into the ocean.

..... a job that involves petting cats all day. 

Any other realistic "wants" that people have? haha

• Like 3

...to be able to go into public places without having to listen to any music.  No, Whitney Houston doesn't enhance my grocery shopping experience, no,  I don't want to hear Taylor Swift while I walk through the Target parking lot, and why do I have raise my voice over 80s rock to the person I'm having lunch with?  

• Like 8

.....for food allergies/sensitivities/intolerances to disappear from earth

...for enough money/time to practice my preferred hobby while still homeschooling successfully

...to own a cul-de-sac worth of houses so all my family & kids (as they grow) can live near me

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mamaraby said:

A personal chef that does all my meal planning, grocery shopping, and meal prep, but that doesn’t in any way impact my budget beyond the cost I already pay for food. If they could start today, that’d be great.

Me too, me too!  :biggrin:

• Thanks 2

.......a personal chauffeur for my special needs kids to get to work, social activities, etc. (the non joys of living more rurally)

......my horse to decide that this year she wants to load into the trailer the first try every time.

10 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

A few million dollars.  So that I can pay for all my other wants-like a maid, a private island, expensive private teachers for each of the kids, etc. 

I was thinking along these lines, but then I saw she put the word "realistic" in there. :P

...to be rich enough to be able to remodel all the stuff that needs to be remodeled in my 70 year old home, to pay for the kids’ college education, to pay for my college education, and to buy houses all on the same block that my parents and (when grown) kids can move into so we can all be together.

• Like 2

A self-driving car that will take me anywhere, or a personal chauffeur. 

A group of 6 strong people who will come and pack up my entire house for me this summer (getting ready for a move).  They will also have the ability to sort through all the boxes of memories and clutter and know what I really want to keep.  They'll even sell stuff worth anything at all on eBay for me.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SKL said:

I just want a job that doesn't require me to talk to anyone!

I actually said this out loud yesterday because I had to call our insurance company to have new certificates sent out. I literally do not know why I loathe it so much. I just do. 

• Like 1

I want simultaneously to live on a private, secluded lot (which is currently true) AND be in a walkable city center where I can get healthy exercise and fresh air while taking care of errands. I’m like an episode of House Hunters contained in one person. 

I want FiOS. My internet stinks. 

Once the FiOS magically appears, I want to sign DS up for WTM Academy’s French I, Foundations in Writing, and Algebra I for next year. 

I want to finish my degree. And, as long as we’re dreaming, let’s just throw in a Master’s and PhD, too. It would be handy if these could be paid for by some benevolent benefactor who believes in me. 

I want someone to pay me handsomely to read, knit and solve jugsaw puzzles. 

• Like 5

I just want quiet and sleep. And to not feel tired and fat.

Just pause the world for a week while I snooze and read, and have it clean when I get back thanks. 

Actually, what I really want is healed and healthy, respectful relationships. After a week of quiet sleep thankyouverymuch

• Like 1

I just want to bag my own groceries at the grocery store or to meet a bagger who doesn't do things like putting raw meat on top of strawberries. Last time I was at the store, I asked the bagger to put the egg cartons on the bottom of the bag. She said, "Oh no, not at the bottom!" (Have you seen the crates eggs come in? They will not get hurt at the bottom of a little grocery bag!) Then she proceeded to put two cartons of eggs on top a bag with lettuce and fresh basil, instantly crushing them.

Cosmos, I have been known to stand there and re-bag right in front of them. If you really want to make your displeasure clear, demand they replace the crushed lettuce and basil and tell the manager why.

I want chocolate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ravin said:

Cosmos, I have been known to stand there and re-bag right in front of them. If you really want to make your displeasure clear, demand they replace the crushed lettuce and basil and tell the manager why.

I want chocolate.

Did I kill the thread with my petty complaint? :cool:

I'm not the type to complain to the manager. I really would just like to do it myself, but it's often quite awkward to do so when there's a bagger standing right there. I've discovered a counter-intuitive trick that helps -- I look for a line that's full rather than empty. That gives me enough time to get all my stuff on the conveyor belt before they start scanning my stuff. That way I can get to the end and start bagging on my own before a bagger comes over (as they would if scanned merchandise starts piling up at the end).

• Like 1