Menu

Human Geography

I would like to have my dd do a year's course in Human Geography next year for 9th. I have a Teaching Company course that I want to use, but I'm looking for ways to add to it. I have a textbook that is used for ap courses but it is really dry and dull. I don't think we will bother with the ap test because none of the colleges I've looked at give credit for it. Does anyone know of an engaging text? Or a living book or books that would tie in well? I've found resources for some articles and videos for some of the concepts but would like some kind of book also.

We have been generally following the schedule laid out here by another WTM homeschool mom. We like the textbook though we are using an older edition. The website for the textbook has lots of resources we used including quizzes and map resources. Another thing we really like is the Power of Place videos. They are older but still very good, and it's amazing how many of the issues in the videos are STILL a problem today in our world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wendy Inman said:

We have been generally following the schedule laid out here by another WTM homeschool mom. We like the textbook though we are using an older edition. The website for the textbook has lots of resources we used including quizzes and map resources. Another thing we really like is the Power of Place videos. They are older but still very good, and it's amazing how many of the issues in the videos are STILL a problem today in our world.

DD has also been following that schedule.  She has found the book just as dry as most college textbooks.LOL The other assignments help bring it all together.  She takes the AP test for it next month.*crossed fingers*

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Momto5inIN said:

I don't have any info to help, but I'm eyeing this for my DD at some point. What Great Courses did you get?

It's called "Understanding Cultural and Human Geography" by Robbins.

• Like 1