Menu

A question for all the history buffs out there...

Sweet Home Alabama

Dd has a school assignment that has led her to this question.  We have not been able to find an example, and she would like to know if any of you can help her.

Do you know of a true-life example where a group of people gave their lives to save one person?  The fictional example is Saving Private Ryan.  

Thanks very much for any help!

:)

3 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Jesus!  I’d totally do my report on the psychology surrounding the Garden of Gethsemane.

Since there is really zero doubt Jesus was a historical figure, even if you quibble with his deity, that should satisfy the requirements of the report.

She is asking for a situation where a group died to save one life, not one person to save many. 

4 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

*snort*

That would have caused a similar issue.  I swear my babies subsist on brain cells.  My only excuse today is that the youngest two boys have been vomiting for three days and managed to get me sick, so I slept all morning and we are dragging ourselves through school this afternoon.

You get a prize for doing school while sick. Vomiting in the house is grounds for a sick day here.  Clearly, I’m a wimp.  

Go, mama!

Thanks so much, ladies!  I'll pass the ideas onto dd, and she will be thrilled. 

Oh, and Arctic Mama, sounds like you could use a good documentary. Plop the little ones in front of something educational, and take a nap!  You are a trooper for schooling sick children when your're sick yourself!  Hope you feel better soon!