Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Pegs

Parenting Accelerated Learners social group

Recommended Posts

Is it back up and running for any of you? It's showing that I'm a member, but I can't access the topics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I read somewhere that the owner of the group has to kick it off again, maybe with a new topic. I'm not sure though.

I do have one group I'm in up and running, so there's hope!

Has Amanda been around recently? Purpleowl? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm the owner, but I have that same message when I click to access the topics. I don't see any option for me to start a new topic there.

...Okay, wait, I was able to start a new "topics" board (look for the one called "Real Topics"), and I could start a thread there. Can some other members check and see if you can respond to that post of mine, and if you can start your own threads in "Real Topics"?

Also, if anyone is interested in joining, please let me know. It's a private group so we can discuss issues related to parenting accelerated learners with a bit more privacy and non-googleability, but I'm happy to add people who request to join. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you guys finding your groups?  The social groups tab at the top takes me to page-not-found and so does my old bookmark for the AL Parenting group.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cake and Pi said:

How are you guys finding your groups?  The social groups tab at the top takes me to page-not-found and so does my old bookmark for the AL Parenting group.

 

 

Same for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this is really weird - now when I go back in there, I can click on the post I made from the "what's new in this group" part, but the "real topics" thing has disappeared as an option. BUT when I do click on the post, it shows up as being part of a completely different club entirely, one I'm not even a member of.

So I'll be happy to share how I'm getting there, but getting there doesn't seem to do much good at the moment!

On my desktop: At the top, under "The Well-Trained Mind Community," there are four tabs, and the first one is Browse. With the Browse tab selected, there are three options under there - Clubs, Forums, and Leaderboard. If I click on Clubs, that takes me to the social groups (I assume clubs is the new name for them). Once I'm there, it has Club Directory as the main focus, but over to the right are "My Clubs," with a list of all clubs I belong to.

On my phone: I click on the menu hamburger on the top right. I choose "Browse." Then I choose "Clubs." I have to scroll down to the bottom to get past the club directory and see the "My Clubs" section.

@desertflower, I'll be happy to add you to the group, but at this point with all the weirdness I'm not even sure if it will work or if I'll add you to some random other group! So I will hold off for now. Once things seem to be working normally again, I'll send you an invite (and if you don't hear from me then, please remind me).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ack! It disappeared.

I used to be able to see the group at least. I'd go to 'clubs' (to the left of forums under browse). My clubs (previously called social groups) are listed on the right, and new activity in any of them is listed under that.

As of yesterday, they were listed there correctly, but only one was active again since the blackout. The owner of that group seemed to have to start a new topic, like Amanda said, so there are two 'topic' headings to click.

But our AL parenting one now is MIA, for me at least. Can anyone even see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Amanda for trying to sort this out. It's a group worth fighting for!

I wonder if it's worthwhile contacting the tech support people? It's not great for posts to a 'private' group to end up in other random groups :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update: my other social group that was working well as of yesterday, is now not working either. That second 'topic' heading I was talking about is now gone, and the other won't open. I can see 'recent activity' down the side, but if I click it gives an error.

It's also a private group and I'm sure those members won't want their posts turning up in the wrong groups either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, scbusf said:

I'd like to join, please.

I'll be happy to add you once all the issues are sorted out! Right now I'm not sure it would work correctly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yes, I’ve missed this group. But the fiasco with the private groups in this migration reminds me of when we were first starting this group, and a lot of people opted out for privacy concerns... Because nothing’s really private online…

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, purpleowl said:

Okay, this is really weird - now when I go back in there, I can click on the post I made from the "what's new in this group" part, but the "real topics" thing has disappeared as an option. BUT when I do click on the post, it shows up as being part of a completely different club entirely, one I'm not even a member of.

So I'll be happy to share how I'm getting there, but getting there doesn't seem to do much good at the moment!

On my desktop: At the top, under "The Well-Trained Mind Community," there are four tabs, and the first one is Browse. With the Browse tab selected, there are three options under there - Clubs, Forums, and Leaderboard. If I click on Clubs, that takes me to the social groups (I assume clubs is the new name for them). Once I'm there, it has Club Directory as the main focus, but over to the right are "My Clubs," with a list of all clubs I belong to.

On my phone: I click on the menu hamburger on the top right. I choose "Browse." Then I choose "Clubs." I have to scroll down to the bottom to get past the club directory and see the "My Clubs" section.

@desertflower, I'll be happy to add you to the group, but at this point with all the weirdness I'm not even sure if it will work or if I'll add you to some random other group! So I will hold off for now. Once things seem to be working normally again, I'll send you an invite (and if you don't hear from me then, please remind me).

No worries! Thanks for trying. I hope this gets fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just tried again starting a new topic, and this time it seems to have worked and posted it in the correct group.

Next thing is to deal with making sure people have access to it. Right now it's telling me that there are 25 members in the group, but the list of members only includes 3 of us (me, Runningmom80, and silver). So I need to hear from...

1. @Runningmom80 and/or @silver - can you guys access the group?

2. Anyone else who was already part of the group pre-upgrade - can you access the group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to see your test post. I also only see three members shown, even though it says there are 25.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was part of the group pre-upgrade. When I click on Community and Social groups, I get:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even know where to go on the website to find the group! Can someone please post a link to it as I was a member pre-upgrade? 

On another note, it seems that there are still a lot of issues that they are working on ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, purpleowl said:

So I just tried again starting a new topic, and this time it seems to have worked and posted it in the correct group.

Next thing is to deal with making sure people have access to it. Right now it's telling me that there are 25 members in the group, but the list of members only includes 3 of us (me, Runningmom80, and silver). So I need to hear from...

1. @Runningmom80 and/or @silver - can you guys access the group?

2. Anyone else who was already part of the group pre-upgrade - can you access the group?

 

Nope. It no longer shows up in the list of clubs that I’m part of, and I can’t even find the group in the list of clubs available. There were only a few threads there. I wonder if it would be easier to simply start a new group. I’ll be honest, though - now that it doesn’t show up in the listing of sub-forums in my main page, I’m unlikely to ever remember to check in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jackie said:

 

Nope. It no longer shows up in the list of clubs that I’m part of, and I can’t even find the group in the list of clubs available. There were only a few threads there. I wonder if it would be easier to simply start a new group. I’ll be honest, though - now that it doesn’t show up in the listing of sub-forums in my main page, I’m unlikely to ever remember to check in.

I had been thinking the same thing, and the old threads (from before the upgrade) were not showing up anyway.

I have just started the creatively titled Parenting Accelerated Learners II and invited (I think) everyone in this thread. If I missed you, let me know. If you had been a member of the group before and want an invitation now, let me know. I have no way of accessing the list of who was in the group before, so you will need to get in touch if you want an invitation!

If you get the invitation but you can't figure out how to get to the group, let me know that too, and we'll see if we can get you there. ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amanda,

Could you invite me again too? I was a part of the old group too and can't access it.

Thank you for doing this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I get an invite? If not, can I please have one? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know, I have sent invitations to everyone in this thread. If I missed you, I'm sorry, and please let me know. ?

Ravin, I believe I had already sent you one, but I just sent another - let me know if you didn't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...