Menu

Prayers appreciated (CTEPH diagnosis)

oneddmanybooks

I've been gone a while, but I lurk and try to pray for requests. I would really appreciate prayers and thoughts relating to my diagnosis.

After months of fatigue, shortness of breath, etc., I was recently diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension (PH). Then further testing revealed that I have a rare form of PH called CTEPH. The good news is that CTEPH is the only form of PH that is potentially reversible, or partially reversible, by a very delicate, major surgery. I am currently waiting to find out if the experts decide that I am a candidate for the surgery (my CTEPH is peripheral, which makes the surgery more difficult). If I am not approved for the surgery, the doctors plan to do a series of balloon angioplasties. I have excellent doctors and am fortunate to live near a top-notch hospital. I have great support through family both near and far, and our wonderful church family. I am also thankful that PH treatment has greatly improved over the last 20-30 years.

In addition to dealing with chronic illness, we must make a decision in the next few months about dd's high school education (9th grade this fall). She absolutely wants to homeschool the next four years. For several reasons, we are not certain what is the best choice. There are a few private schools nearby which are possibilities.

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts.

• Like 4