Menu

Does this lesson planner template exist?

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a very specific lesson planner for my students to use as a checklist.   I am wondering if such a thing exists.   

Here is my wish list:

1)   The planner must be visually pleasing to look at:   I don't know why, but this is important to me.   We have been using the blank pdf form from Memoria Press...which fits my need practically.   However, I wish I had more color or design in my planner.   For some reason, I find this motivating throughout the year.  

2)  I need a two-page spread for each week.   Fitting the whole week on one page doesn't give me enough room.  

3)  I want the days of the week to go across the top, not the side.   Don't ask..but this is important for my kids.  They like to work from the top down.

4)  I need to be able to edit it digitally.   I really don't want to handwrite 36 weeks of lessons for 9 different subjects for 3 different children.   I can type really fast.  Plus, editing it on my computer allows me to make easy edits if needed throughout the year.   

5)  I need to be able to print it.   My kids don't work well from non-paper checklists.    So purely digital planners are not an option (homeschool planet, etc.)

Thanks so much!   I know I am picky, (blush!) but that link isn't really different than the Memoria Press digital planner that I already have.  :)   

I want something more visually pleasing...sort of like these, but editable.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/108496178/2018-teacher-or-student-planner?ref=shop_home_active_1

Do you know how to use excel? Planners are much much easier to create than it seems. I'm not sure you would save any money in the end having it printed. Have you looked at the plum paper website? The planners can be customized.

I create spreadsheets for the kids and they check off work they have completed. It is very nice to be able to change what we are working on for the week. I print out 6 weeks at a time. 

If you're not familiar with excel you can easily make what you want in word or open office or the equivalent.  Then you can print it yourself OR have an office supply store print, collate, and bind it for you - I suggest spiral binding.

FYI, you can print the lists from Homeschool Planet. I always did. You can print it by the day, the week, etc. And organize the printed list by subject or by day, etc. And it is visually pleasing as far as the online stuff, the printed list is just a list. But that part is for them, not you, so maybe that would be okay?

Have you checked Teachers Pay Teachers?  They have a number of editable lesson plans.

I just make my own.  I use OneNote.   I don't make one for the whole year.  It is sure that I will drop/add lots of things before the year is done! Sometimes kids finish waaaay early, ask to sub a reader on occasion, etc.  I make one weekly for each lid.  It takes about 45 min-1 hour /week to make the schedules for 4 kids.  They highlight each item when completed. Then, they are held accountable for each item they highlight.