Menu

Sacha brought home BA 5D yesterday...

...from his AoPS Academy class. He promptly read through the whole guide, and then showed me what happens to all the beasts at the end when they grow up.

I almost got teary-eyed. It feels like the end of an era. I know you guys can relate.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

OMG. I got emotional as well when DD finished 5d. We had a farewell to beast party. DD baked a pie. It felt like the end of an era, like you said. Sniff sniff.... But take heart - I thought AOPS looked impossibly dry compared to Beast but DD loves it. And she still rereads Beast for fun. 

And and we still quote Beast all the time...

• Like 4

Dd grew up with these books and though she is now in 7th grade I’m supposed to buy 2a when it comes out. :huh:  We've been buying these books even when she went beyond the math. She gets more excited by the arrival of these books than by a text message. I think her goal after college is to saunter over to their office and ask for a job. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crazyforlatin said:

Dd grew up with these books and though she is now in 7th grade I’m supposed to buy 2a when it comes out. :huh:  We've been buying these books even when she went beyond the math. She gets more excited by the arrival of these books than by a text message. I think her goal after college is to saunter over to their office and ask for a job. 

Ha! My daughter was like that about AoPS books and classes when she was in high school.....and AoPS was her first choice job after college. She's still thrilled to work there four years later...Maybe they'll be co-workers some day! :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1