Menu

Hello! Anybody out there?

Stacia

Missing the Lit Hub conversations!

Settings are not private yet as far as I can tell. I am confused about accessing & posting but am giving it a go here to try it out. If anyone can reply, please do while we wait for further updates!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fastweedpuller said:

hai!  hope this club goes private too.  Jane I like your new picture :)

Hah!  I figured out how to quote!

The owl photo was taken by my son about a decade ago.  Unfortunately it was lost in the transition to the new boards and I suspect the original image was housed on an old computer.  (I think it may still live on Shutterfly since my husband once had notecards made for me with the image.) Anywho, time for a new look.  In my photo I am kayaking in the Sea of Cortez off of a Baja beach. What a great experience that was!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lady Florida. said:

We're here! Sort of. 

Sorry you lost your owl photo Jane.

Have my Middlemarch read-along friends been reading? I have and will post tonight. Should I combine the two weeks/sections we missed while the group was down, or keep them separate?

I would say separate.  With spring break/Easter holidays, etc., not everyone may have been able to stay on track with reading.  I know that I read for a while with great enthusiasm then found myself getting bogged down.

• Like 4

I'm here!

Looking forward to talking about Middlemarch. I'm really enjoying it, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a lot of context.

I ordered a copy with lots of notes, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I'll keep reading my Gutenberg e-book.

Lady Florida, please keep seperate threads for the different sections, please.

• Like 3

Why, hello. I just discovered that clubs are sort of back online. I am at 51% for Middlemarch. The copy that I ordered was a disappointment - it had no notes at all. I have been reading the Dover Thrift on my Kindle.

• Like 2