Menu

MCT ibooks

Pegs

Has anyone used these? Could you give me a quick review, please? How well do the special features work? Do they require an internet connection (we don't have WiFi at home)?

DS is burning through his curricula at present, so I'm looking to provide more of it on the cheap. I'd also very much like to save on shipping costs, as we're in Australia.

In case it matters, we're about to start the Town level.

I bought the iBook for Music of the Hemispheres, just to try it out - it's really beautiful. It's fairly interactive, also. In the one we have, MCT himself reads the poems. I really like the one we have, and I am considering picking up some of the others - the only downside is that you can't resell them. 

• Like 1

I've gone ahead and purchased these. Bonus that I saved money by using iTunes cards which were gifted to DS by relatives who do not approve of our weirdo homeschooling ways. Muahaha. 

Anyway. The books look good. We got Grammar Town, Paragraph Town, and Practice Town. Skipping Caesar's English because we already have a couple of Latin programs on the go, and giving the poetry book a miss because we read a lot of poetry anyway and I'm trying to save money for other curricula!

• Like 1