Menu

Audible Book Suggestions (for parents or children)

I find myself with so little time, reading is not something I am able to do enough of. So, I subscribed to audible fairly recently and am looking for book recommendations. I homeschool my 10 year old son who has ASD, ADHD, and Speech Disorder. He struggles with a lot, however his executive function along with coordination and working memory are his most challenging. 

I know with audio books in general, narration can be an issue even when the book content itself is well regarded. Also, some books, especially self-help and educational type books, are best in paper format for copying pages w/ forms, lists, etc. 

If anyone has any recommendations on audible books geared towards executive function, body/brain coordination, working memory, etc. for children, I would love to hear them. Also, if there are any audible books geared towards children that cover these same topics but from a different perspective, that would be great too! 

TIA :) 

Just as a suggestion, I would buy on audible books he'd like to be able to listen to over and over. For instance, he might enjoy the Redwall series. My ds, 9 1/2, is really into it right now. Then see if your library has Overdrive or other ways to get audiobooks on loan and get your books for EF, etc. that way. There's a book Smart But Scattered that is really good. Anything by Holloway is good. That Crumpled Paper Was My Homework is good.

• Like 1