Menu

Completed Workbooks

I keep complete workbooks, but only because I'm terrible at deciding what to keep and what not to keep. I throw them in a tub, along with a lot of their school work. I figure when they're grown up, I'll give them the tubs and let them decide what work of theirs they want to keep.

I keep ours. At the end of the year I decide what to keep from there. I have one large rubbermaid that is almost full from prek - 4th. I hope to have 2-3 tubs full by the end of high school.

I was surprised when he asked to look through an old workbook earlier this year. I had already tossed most of it and he was slightly offended that I would do so.

We don't have to show records, but I make a small portfolio every years so he'll have some record of his work.

I bought a rubermaid box and threw them all up in the attic. I think here in FL we have to keep records of some examples of work for 3 yrs or so. I figured they wont be in the way up there.

It's two years :-) And you could just tear out a few pages from each one and toss the rest. No one needs that much clutter, girlfriend!

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm leaning towards throwing them out and just keeping a log of what has been completed each year. (First I'll check my state regulations and see what kind of records, if any I need to keep.)

At most, you could choose 2-4 representative pages from any given workbook, write the title of the book and the date of completion, hole punch them and keep them in a binder. Then you have *samples* of work from each book without keeping the whole crazy thing. :)

I keep a portfolio for each year for each kid in a 1" 3-ring binder. At the end of the year, I rip out some sample pages from the beginning, middle, and end of the workbook to put in the portfolio and toss or recycle the rest of the workbook (it usually ends up in the fireplace).

but honestly, I know I should get rid of them.

I've been thinking a big "I'm going to college" bonfire where we burn them might be fun. Of course, I'm moving the daggum things all over the planet, so they may bite the dust before the kids get to that point.