Menu

What's with the ads?

soror

Well-Trained Bodies- April Edition

It took me a while to get back on the boards because my old account was linked to a defunct email. I really missed the accountability this group provides! 

This past week, I got in 2 strength training workouts and 3 cardio, but was 20 min short of my minimum cardio goal. I've been in a pattern of having a hard time getting in gear on Mondays. Hopefully, I will break that trend tomorrow. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Laurie4b said:

It took me a while to get back on the boards because my old account was linked to a defunct email. I really missed the accountability this group provides! 

This past week, I got in 2 strength training workouts and 3 cardio, but was 20 min short of my minimum cardio goal. I've been in a pattern of having a hard time getting in gear on Mondays. Hopefully, I will break that trend tomorrow. 

So glad to see you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Laurie4b said:

I had the same problem. Glad you're back!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fil passed yesterday, it was a rough day and night. But he is at peace now, he's been suffering for awhile now and ready to go. 

As practical as the family is they are insisting that everyone go on as before, so we're trying to proceed as usual.  I've got to get ds some clothes today and the services are Wednesday. I'm not sure of anything else right now, mil lives next door so we are on call for when she needs us. Our yard still hasn't been mowed w/ everything going on, so that is on the list to do as well. Dh is taking off all week. Next weekend he plans to proceed as scheduled and do Challenge Course training, surely we can get some rest between now and then. My priority this week is family time, it has been in short supply with everything going on. The kids are sure missing dh who has been with his father so much (as he should have been).

I weighed this am and was at 1.4 lbs lost for the month, which was 2 lbs shy of my goal but as I've mentioned I'm happy with my body, I don't feel I've failed at all. I'd like to focus on growing stronger, if I eventually lose those 2 lbs that's fine but it's fine if I don't. It's not surprising as my intake had increased, that's good though looking at my numbers gives me an idea of where my level of maintenance is now post nursing/pregnancy which has been alluding me. As I said dh and his family are insisting that things go back to normal so I'm planning on doing that but we'll see, I think they are a bit optimistic here, at least for the first week.

10 minutes ago, soror said:

Fil passed yesterday, it was a rough day and night. But he is at peace now, he's been suffering for awhile now and ready to go. 

As practical as the family is they are insisting that everyone go on as before, so we're trying to proceed as usual.  I've got to get ds some clothes today and the services are Wednesday. I'm not sure of anything else right now, mil lives next door so we are on call for when she needs us. Our yard still hasn't been mowed w/ everything going on, so that is on the list to do as well. Dh is taking off all week. Next weekend he plans to proceed as scheduled and do Challenge Course training, surely we can get some rest between now and then. My priority this week is family time, it has been in short supply with everything going on. The kids are sure missing dh who has been with his father so much (as he should have been).

I weighed this am and was at 1.4 lbs lost for the month, which was 2 lbs shy of my goal but as I've mentioned I'm happy with my body, I don't feel I've failed at all. I'd like to focus on growing stronger, if I eventually lose those 2 lbs that's fine but it's fine if I don't. It's not surprising as my intake had increased, that's good though looking at my numbers gives me an idea of where my level of maintenance is now post nursing/pregnancy which has been alluding me. As I said dh and his family are insisting that things go back to normal so I'm planning on doing that but we'll see, I think they are a bit optimistic here, at least for the first week.

Very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family.

2 hours ago, soror said:

So sorry about your father in law. 

7 hours ago, soror said:

So sorry.  (((((hugs)))))) 

Thanks for the hugs ladies. WE are muddling through here. I couldn't sleep at 2 am and found dh in the basement, he still hadn't went to bed, too busy scanning pictures for the funeral home slide show. I finally got him to go to bed around 3:15 and I cropped the pictures for him, so I went to bed around 4, oh vey. Yesterday I felt like hell but  we don't have much going on today and hopefully will get a nap, tomorrow are services that is going to be so hard ?

This am I'm going to the gym as usual, not sure if it is going to be much of a workout but I'm going anyway.

• Like 1

I played my second outdoor tennis match of the season yesterday! It was a lot of fun. Dh and I played doubles with friends. It's tricky re-learning how to anticipate the wind factor when taking shots, not to mention I've lost a lot of the racquet control I had. And my running speed is way down due to my hamstring injury. I'm happy that I didn't get too frustrated with myself. It's just great to be able to get outside and run around hitting some tennis balls. ?

• Like 1

Work out done, gah I wasn't feeling very haus today but I did my best. Looks like lifting won't happen tonight as we've got a fAmily get together but that is probably just as well, im in desperate need of some down time and a nap.

• Like 1