Menu

Well-Trained Bodies- April Edition

Soror

1 minute ago, mamaraby said:

Lol, I do! I didn’t end up going. I slept terribly last night and yesterday’s run kicked my butt. I decided to take an actual rest day instead. One of these days I will get my free bagel. I just have to figure out what time my PF has them so I can time it right. Or I could buy a bagel. I did consider going to buy a bagel, too. It’s too cold. Cereal in my pjs sounded so much nicer.

So-so workouts can be the pits! I hope this next one goes better!

I was there from 8:30-9:30 and they still had a fair amount when I left. Cold here too, I put on my fleece leggings and am chilling! Enjoy your rest day, you've earned it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soror said:

I was there from 8:30-9:30 and they still had a fair amount when I left. Cold here too, I put on my fleece leggings and am chilling! Enjoy your rest day, you've earned it.

Oh, good! I’m going to ave to consider that for next month! Fleece leggings sound super comfy! We made it into slightly more seasonable weather today and it’s supposed to be more spring like for a few days before it gets cold...again.

We seem to be missing a few folks. Have they been around?

6 minutes ago, mamaraby said:

Oh, good! I’m going to ave to consider that for next month! Fleece leggings sound super comfy! We made it into slightly more seasonable weather today and it’s supposed to be more spring like for a few days before it gets cold...again.

We seem to be missing a few folks. Have they been around?

Yes, we're missing- wintermom, Laurie, and Sarah and maybe more.

We're getting some warmer weather tomorrow, yesterday wasn't bad but today is icky.

• Like 2

Been super busy and haven't excercised much the last few days. Def. feeling it in my mood and energy. 

DS9wanted to join me on a walk today. Older kiddos don't want to go as much, but ususally my 9 and 5 year old do. (Heart) I love getting outside to walk vs the gym! It's too cold here half the year though, at least for me, but today is gorgeous. Yay, spring! Pic of our trip below.

Wewalked 1.2 miles one way to a park using Map My Walk to know the distance.  It's nice having a break while kids play before the mile home.  I don't get to wear the heart rate monitor that I do at the gym to tell me how many calories I burn, but walking our dog keeps me going at a good pace. Ha!

IMG_20180410_163856959.jpg

• Like 4

IfOnly, LOVE the pic, how cute and the day looks gorgeous!

peacelovehomeschooling- it looks like we will be in sync this cycle :) Mine still hasn't started but I know it's coming any day! 

Yesterday's lifting went great, I got another PR on my TBar Row- work sets at 85# and then I did all my work sets for deadlift at 125#. I did 135# a month back but have not been able to get back up there today was the first I had that many sets at this high of a weight. And I did my shoulder presses at 45# (the big boy bar!), got more reps than I did Sunday too. I'm not sure why I'm suddenly getting some gains when the last month or so I've been virtually stuck but I'm very pleased, let's just hope it isn't some fluke. I think I need some gloves for my deadlift, my grip was wanting to give out although I could handle the lifting just fine. 

Today is a rest but if the weather is as nice as it is supposed to be I'd like to take a walk.

• Like 3

I was away at a tournament in FL over the weekend and it was stinking hot - 80F during our first game at 8:30 Saturday morning.  I am not looking forward to that heat getting here in a few weeks :(  I missed Monday's workout since my plane didn't land until 1am and I was beat.

Tuesday's workout was good, and today's was good as well, until we got to the Bench Press PR.  January's PR was 90lbs and I barely got 88 today - so disappointing, but that's the result of not eating very well and missing a bunch of workout days.  Things to work on - more commitment, better focus, better eating, working harder.  

I have a volunteer session at the local Nature Centre tomorrow morning, but hopefully I'll get to the gym before or after that - the timing is always a bit tricky.  

• Like 4

I am sooo sore from walking yesterday! My back being really sore must be from activity of walking the dog. Also, walking outside def. work my legs more than the treadmill. Plus, the day before I helped a friend move, and my legs and back were already worked more than usual. Since I've been inactive for awhile, I'm not sure how much is fibro and how much is my muscles getting used to working harder. Hopefully I can keep exercising, and as my muscles strengthen, have a better idea of what's what. 

I haven't had any soda for several weeks but was really craving a sweet drink today. Instead of McDonalds to get a Barq's, I headed to the health food store to get a Zevia root beer, which has no calories, food coloring, dye, or other junk. Yay! I dislike all other sugar free/alternative drinks except this particular brand made eith stevia. Their drinks aren't bad! I'm proud of myself for resisting the high sugar temptation and treating myself. I just need to see it as a treat and not an everyday thing. 

• Like 3

My coach is back, so I am trying to catch up a little before we leave for the spring break followed by the competition. Now that I think about it, booking a vacation before the competition probably wasn't the best decision from performance point of view. On the other hand, between a chance to see Washington and flying to the East coast just for the competition, especially since it is DD's spring break...

Anyway, I spend an hour and a half yesterday, and over 2 hours today fencing in one form or another. My legs are sore, especially hip flexor muscles, I think. Feels like a ring at the top of my legs. But I actually feel great, despite the last days of my cycle (Soror, I think we are on the same wavelength in more ways than one :) ). Two more days of slightly less intensive training, and then on Saturday we are leaving. So next week there will be no fencing until Saturday, but hopefully lots and lots of walking.

• Like 3

On 4/9/2018 at 12:11 PM, peacelovehomeschooling said:

I am in peri-menopause now, so not yet menopausal, but I have read a lot about it in preparation.  From what I have read (i wish i could point you to a source, but my reading has been all over the place (literally),  it takes super careful calorie counting with very little processed food, and tons of vegetables.    I remember one person saying they had to stick to no more than 1300 calories.  One resource that has a lot of good info is (it is UK based):  https://menopausematters.co.uk/

I wish I could give you more info and details.  If you come across anything helpful, please share (and I will do the same).

Aw hell, then I'd rather be overweight.  Unless they meant 1300 and they don't exercise at all? 

I could get on board with the rest of it though. 

• Like 1

Lynn- Sorry to hear the bench didn't go as you hoped, you know some days are just bad ones, maybe that means next time will be even better.

Go Sparkly!

IfOnly- I've had Zevia before, those are pretty good! 

Olga- glad to hear coach is back, I wish you the best of luck. I'm still waiting on my period.... I had a bit of spotting yesterday so I expect it will be today. I'm ready to get it over with!

My allergies are bothering me. I did a hike w/ the kids and was miserable by the time I made it home, a zyrtec had me feeling much better but not 100%. I need to go to an allergy dr but gosh, I don't want to spend the money but I don't want to end up miserable either, last fall was utterly horrible. I've also been getting really hungry in the afternoon the last few days. I'm thinking maybe my body is not wanting to lose that much more weight so I'm trying to do a controlled increase to get it lined out. I've got this number in my head(3.5 lbs to go) I'd really like to reach so I really don't want back up to maintenance yet but my body may have other ideas. 

This am I'm working out w/ Mom we're focusing on arms. Tues I almost overheated so I'll have to watch how much I push, we'll just have to go slower. Tonight is bench and squats. I'll work on pull-ups at PF this am.

• Like 3

I feel you on the allergy stuff.  But I will say that going to an allergist is nothing magical.  Been taking the injections for many months now and no change.  The drugs they offer are the same things you can get OTC anyway.  Only different one he gave me was Singulair and it helps a little, but nothing special.  And at this point I'm dealing with my biggest allergy problem due to it being spring (trees and grass) AND still building up on the allergy shots.  So I basically cannot spend much time outside.  Even sitting in the car I'm dying at this point.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SparklyUnicorn said:

Aw hell, then I'd rather be overweight.  Unless they meant 1300 and they don't exercise at all? 

I could get on board with the rest of it though. 

I'd think it is all so individual. I have people not believe me when I tell them how much I eat but everyone's metabolism is different and everyone's experience w/ menopause is different. Some hardly struggle and for some it is horrible. Someone who is sitting around all the time can obviously eat less than someone who is active, even if neither of them exercises. We also know starvation diets kill metabolism (like The Biggest Loser)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SparklyUnicorn said:

I feel you on the allergy stuff.  But I will say that going to an allergist is nothing magical.  Been taking the injections for many months now and no change.  The drugs they offer are the same things you can get OTC anyway.  Only different one he gave me was Singulair and it helps a little, but nothing special.  And at this point I'm dealing with my biggest allergy problem due to it being spring (trees and grass) AND still building up on the allergy shots.  So I basically cannot spend much time outside.  Even sitting in the car I'm dying at this point.

What is your favorite OTC meds? Do you get fatigue from it? I probably sound crazy but I think it is impairing my breathing, I think for sure it did last fall, my chest kept feeling tight and I'd overheat easily and that has started up again, I'm slightly terrified I'm going down the same path. ( I had pneumonia the fall before so I think it made me more susceptible)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soror said:

What is your favorite OTC meds? Do you get fatigue from it? I probably sound crazy but I think it is impairing my breathing, I think for sure it did last fall, my chest kept feeling tight and I'd overheat easily and that has started up again, I'm slightly terrified I'm going down the same path. ( I had pneumonia the fall before so I think it made me more susceptible)

Yes they all cause some fatigue, but if you take them regularly that becomes less of a problem.  I'd say the two that I think are working the best for me are Xyzal and Flonase.  When I'm desperate I take Benadryl, but then I just sit there like a zombie so I avoid taking that during the day.   Singulair seems to keep my eyes from watering like fountains.  I say so because I stopped taking it and that's what happened.  I went back on and within 2 weeks it stopped (Singulair does not work immediately). 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, soror said:

I'd think it is all so individual. I have people not believe me when I tell them how much I eat but everyone's metabolism is different and everyone's experience w/ menopause is different. Some hardly struggle and for some it is horrible. Someone who is sitting around all the time can obviously eat less than someone who is active, even if neither of them exercises. We also know starvation diets kill metabolism (like The Biggest Loser)

I definitely eat more when I exercise on that day.  It makes me hungry!  So to exercise a lot AND starve myself?  No thank you.  I'd be miserable.  If that means I'm a bit overweight...so be it. 

I'm not quite there yet though (menopause). 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, SparklyUnicorn said:

I definitely eat more when I exercise on that day.  It makes me hungry!  So to exercise a lot AND starve myself?  No thank you.  I'd be miserable.  If that means I'm a bit overweight...so be it. 

I'm not quite there yet though (menopause). 

Me either, I'm not borrowwing trouble though.

19 minutes ago, SparklyUnicorn said:

Yes they all cause some fatigue, but if you take them regularly that becomes less of a problem.  I'd say the two that I think are working the best for me are Xyzal and Flonase.  When I'm desperate I take Benadryl, but then I just sit there like a zombie so I avoid taking that during the day.   Singulair seems to keep my eyes from watering like fountains.  I say so because I stopped taking it and that's what happened.  I went back on and within 2 weeks it stopped (Singulair does not work immediately). 

Hmm, so I looked it up b/c I just tried the Zyrtec a couple of days ago, I didn't realize it was more likely to make you drowsy, that could explain it. I'd heard it was stronger than Claritin so I thought Id try it. And evidently it can cause issue w/ hunger and weight gain, hmph!

I did just get back my labs I had done last week. My hormones are off again, ugh. I need to add back in progesterone cream for the next cycle. And my thyroid conversion is starting to get a bit wonky so those meds we'll have to be tweaked. I did just straight T3 for awhile b/c I don't convert well but I don't feel the best on straight T3 so we've been upping my NDT to see how much I can tolerate. I've got my consult in a couple of weeks. I feel like we're working in the right direction and if we keep tweaking we'll get it right.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, soror said:

Me either, I'm not boring trouble though, I'll cross that bridge when I get there!

Hmm, so I looked it up b/c I just tried the Zyrtec a couple of days ago, I didn't realize it was more likely to make you drowsy, that could explain it. I'd heard it was stronger than Claritin so I thought Id try it. And evidently it can cause issue w/ hunger and weight gain, hmph!

Oh yeah I swear all the damn allergy meds also contribute to making me hungry.  I do have a bottle of Zyrtec, but I reserve that for days I'm having a bad reaction to my injections because it does cause drowsiness (but at least not as bad as Benadryl). 

I'm a little bummed about this injection stuff.  Apparently I might not notice any benefit for a VERY long time and I might have to keep doing this for years.  Ugh...  It is a royal pain.  On top of having to shlep there at least one time a week, every time you go they make you sit there for half an hour.  So I kill about an hour and a half each time I go.  Which might not sound too bad, but you know, it's not my only gig!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SparklyUnicorn said:

Oh yeah I swear all the damn allergy meds also contribute to making me hungry.  I do have a bottle of Zyrtec, but I reserve that for days I'm having a bad reaction to my injections because it does cause drowsiness (but at least not as bad as Benadryl). 

I'm a little bummed about this injection stuff.  Apparently I might not notice any benefit for a VERY long time and I might have to keep doing this for years.  Ugh...  It is a royal pain.  On top of having to shlep there at least one time a week, every time you go they make you sit there for half an hour.  So I kill about an hour and a half each time I go.  Which might not sound too bad, but you know, it's not my only gig!

Not to mention the whole getting injecting thing does not sound like fun at all!!! And years of doing it, oh, vey.

I can't believe the NP that suggested Zyrtec didn't mention drowsiness, she was telling ds to take it in the morning.

• Like 2

Just now, SparklyUnicorn said:

It's better IMO to take it before bed. 

One would think, I looked it up and said it was recommended to be before bed. I swear that is the last time I'm trying that NP, every time I go to her I regret it, the dr takes longer to get into to but knows what he is doing.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the allergies! My dad has them and my sister must have gotten his genes so hers are pretty bad, butbthey seem to have skipped me. Bith my dad and my sister did the shots. Dadks was a number of years ago and I remember them working. My sister just started them last year. I hope the shots work for you, Sparkly...and soon! My sister had to get an epi-pen when she started rhe shots which is different than when dad did it all those years ago.

Bummer on the NP, soror. I’ve had to switch docs a few times because they were so hard to get in to see and managed to pick a primary care doc this time around who is just as busy as the last one. The alternatives they offer (in my case a PA) never seem as good.

OlgaLA - have a goid vacation!

Tempo intervals yesterday for not quite 5.5 miles. Recovery run today after the kids have their Outschool classes this morning. We’re in the middle of a warmer trend so I’ll run outside today. Yesterday I wore shorts and a tank top to run outside. It was wonderful!

• Like 4

Guess what showed up *right* before I left for the gym???

Why yes, it was my period! Couldn't wait another couple of hours. 

We had a good workout although I was having trouble getting hot. We did a million different upper body exercises. We'll just see how bench press goes tonight, I skipped push-ups so hopefully, it isn't too rough.

A set of 75 squats and then 25. I really think we could do a 100 straight now, I think we'll try it next week

Sea salt dark chocolate for dessert today, yummm!

• Like 3

Just now, peacelovehomeschooling said:

It probably is impairing your breathing.  I have asthma that is triggered by my allergies. If my allergies are not under super good control, my asthma kicks up and it is horrible to get it under control.  Although I am not the one you asked....I take zyrtec (it was recommended years ago by the allergist I saw at the time).  I take the generic kind now and it works just as well (so far).  I take it in the morning so it is working the most during the day when I am out and about.  It doesn't make me tired, but I find that  many drugs that make others tired don't affect me.  The other thing I do sometimes, if I remember, is use a saline rinse (can't remember the name of it now) in my sinuses before bed, just to help get rid of the pollen and allergens before I go to bed.  The container is orange (maybe by Arm & Hammer).

Thank you sooo much for your thoughts. I'm just the opposite, things that don't both people bother me, so it is not surprising that it is affecting me. I've been thinking I need to do saline rinses at night, I am just not looking forward to it. I've never had asthma before but with my symptoms last fall and now again this spring I wondered if it has been triggered. UGH.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, soror said:

Guess what showed up *right* before I left for the gym???

Why yes, it was my period! Couldn't wait another couple of hours. 

We had a good workout although I was having trouble getting hot. We did a million different upper body exercises. We'll just see how bench press goes tonight, I skipped push-ups so hopefully, it isn't too rough.

A set of 75 squats and then 25. I really think we could do a 100 straight now, I think we'll try it next week

Sea salt dark chocolate for dessert today, yummm!

How rude of your period! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I thought I skipped PMS this cycle... Sure. Apparently it was waiting to come together with my period, apparent tiredness from the last few days of rather intense workouts, and  broken espresso machine. I did a private lesson today, but had absolutely no energy to even think about the extra practice I usually do after the lesson. I am barely crawling around the house. But I realized today after the lesson that I am now thinking about days with 30 minute workouts as rest days.

Hugs to all suffering from allergies. Mine hasn't kicked in yet, but it usually comes around May and stays for about 6 months. I never noticed any tiredness from Zyrtec, and I do tend to overreact to many drugs (antihistamine in NyQuil knocks me out completely for 20 hours).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, OlgaLA said:

So I thought I skipped PMS this cycle... Sure. Apparently it was waiting to come together with my period, apparent tiredness from the last few days of rather intense workouts, and  broken espresso machine. I did a private lesson today, but had absolutely no energy to even think about the extra practice I usually do after the lesson. I am barely crawling around the house. But I realized today after the lesson that I am now thinking about days with 30 minute workouts as rest days.

Hugs to all suffering from allergies. Mine hasn't kicked in yet, but it usually comes around May and stays for about 6 months. I never noticed any tiredness from Zyrtec, and I do tend to overreact to many drugs (antihistamine in NyQuil knocks me out completely for 20 hours).

I hear you, hormones, ugh! Sounds like you need some days off too, hugs!

The kids and I took a walk in the afternoon and then I lifted in the evening.

Added another 5# to my last set of squats, up to 95#, I think I could do 100# but I'm nervous. I did my bench at 65#.

Usually, I find my strength decreased on my period but not yesterday, so I was very pleased. I'm hoping to get in lots of good walking today, we've got another nice day.

• Like 4

Ran a little over 5 miles this morning- I don’t keep up with exact mileage while I’m running on the roads- I just go. Since I lift at home, I can only go “heavy” on my lifting when my husband is home- I do front dumbbell squats, and bench press lighter than “pushing it”. I’m still kinda struggling with firm on deadlifts. It’s not activating the right muscles- so I’m going to find a place and “go in” to see what I’m doing wrong. Love reading everyone’s progress- and honestly setbacks- as they let me know I’m not the only one. ? 

• Like 3

Morning walk- cleaning- then took the girls shopping and a movie. 

yummy food today :) (I might add a bit of dairy free ice cream on there :) )

b-unsweet. gf steel cut oats w/ a dab of butter & strawberries+ nitrate free turkey bacon+ vanilla chai w/ a bit of honey

l-leftover black beans w/ fajita seasoned chicken w/ bell pepper & onion; small apple w/ vanilla bean hummus; couple squares dark chocolate + mandarin orange

Movie snack- boom chikka popp- dark chocolate sea salt popcorn

supper- meatza w/ homade italian turkey sausage topped w/ sauteed onion, pepper, & chard (no cheese for me)

• Like 3

A much better workout yesterday and today.   I felt better and I performed better.  I got to do my favourite activity today - rope climbs!  It is one of the few (very few) exercises I can do well at the gym.  Our rope is only 10ft tall, but I love it.  I actually wish it was taller so I could see how high I could get up (and get back down) safely.  

I've been eating well this past week; getting in most of the protein and healthy fats I'm supposed to and just a couple of slip ups - bread and cookies are my weakness that are in the house right now!

• Like 5

Jen, glad you had a good workout. I've not played much w/ ropes, they have one at my lifting gym but I feel self conscious doing it. I'm not sure the "right" way to do it. I used to climb silks, my hands get sweaty going to 20 ft!

I did not get a walk yesterday, ugh. The morning was cool and wet and we had plans for the afternoon. I should have threw on a rain jacket and went anyway.

Today I'm meeting a friend to workout.

eta- I just looked up some rope climbing info and I recognize some of the techniques from Silks training, interesting! Maybe I'll try that today if we go to the lifting gym and it isn't busy.

• Like 3

Worked out w/ friend. I let her lead so we did all sorts of things. Get-ups, battle ropes, pike presses in the TRX straps, lateral raises while lunging, leg presses and on and on.

I got a bit hot at times, it is very frustrating when I have the strength to do something but my heart rate shoots up too high doing it. 

I got a million things to do today but hope to squeeze in a walk this afternoon after it warms up.

Slept horrible the last two nights, not sure why.

14 days until my next weigh in, woot!

• Like 1

Can I join?  I need some accountability.

I am an injured runner, like 3 years long injury, and I've had the hardest time regulating my weight since I stopped running. (I'm also inching towards 40 which I'm sure has something to do with it.  I don't have a ton of weight to lose but I do want to get stronger and have some muscle definition like I did as a runner.  I just signed up for LEKfit which is an at home dance aerobics workout on a trampoline. We have a membership to a nice gym but it's been so hard to get there with all of the kid activities.  I also teach and in theory do yoga, but my practice has really taken a back seat to life.

I'm also dealing with some digestive stuff that is making it hard to know what to eat. That part is super frustrating, but I can't do much about it until we figure out what is going on so I'm trying to relax and just make the best choices I can. 

I also have spring and summer allergies that cramp my style.

So my goals are:

LEKfit 5x a week

Barbell class once a week

yoga every day, at least 20 minutes

Eating: make the best choices I can without making myself ill!

I really want to get back in the habit of working out in the early morning like I used to run.  That will be my goal for the week.  I've already missed it today so I told the kids the hour after lunch is going to be for reading and art while I exercise!

• Like 3

I was supposed to run 10 miles yesterday with dh, but given his time constraints and a repeat of winter weather, we ended up not going. Saturday dumped sleet and then turned into snow. Cleaning up the driveway and the sidewalks as a multiple hour event. The snow was wet and heavy and then underneath that was all the sleet that had to be scraped off. I did half of thr driveway by shovel and then taught myself how to use the snowblower since dh wasn’t home so I only had to do the scraping after that.

I’ll run on the treadmill today because I doubt all of the sidewalks are clear and I dislike wet feet when it’s cold. I’m thinking I’ll run the six miles on the plan today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I started NRFL4W today.  I did 65lb squats, 90lb on the row, and used two 15lb dumbbells for the step-up.  I have to do push ups on my knees. :) It felt good.  I warmed up on the elliptical, and finished off with 6 mins on the erg.  It felt great after taking a week off.  

I also have been walking most days (missed the day it rained.) and I have a test tomorrow, so no walk tonight. :(

I lost 2lbs last week.  My zone-ish attempts have been good.  My goal is to have my ratio right at the end of the day (so 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats) Most days have worked out. 

Hope everyone has a good week.  

• Like 2

On 4/15/2018 at 9:13 AM, soror said:

Jen, glad you had a good workout. I've not played much w/ ropes, they have one at my lifting gym but I feel self conscious doing it. I'm not sure the "right" way to do it. I used to climb silks, my hands get sweaty going to 20 ft!

I did not get a walk yesterday, ugh. The morning was cool and wet and we had plans for the afternoon. I should have threw on a rain jacket and went anyway.

Today I'm meeting a friend to workout.

eta- I just looked up some rope climbing info and I recognize some of the techniques from Silks training, interesting! Maybe I'll try that today if we go to the lifting gym and it isn't busy.

Thanks.  A good workout feels so amazing!  The technique is something that just clicked with me after 3-4 tries, but I can only do it one way!  I've tried using 'the other foot', but I can't figure it out - weird!  Really, just go for it - give it a try.    

I delayed my workout today because I thought my class at the local nature centre would be cancelled due to the weather, but it was not, so I had to miss my workout;  I should have gone to the 7am class!  Lesson learned.

11 hours ago, soror said:

Worked out w/ friend. I let her lead so we did all sorts of things. Get-ups, battle ropes, pike presses in the TRX straps, lateral raises while lunging, leg presses and on and on.

I got a bit hot at times, it is very frustrating when I have the strength to do something but my heart rate shoots up too high doing it. 

I got a million things to do today but hope to squeeze in a walk this afternoon after it warms up.

Slept horrible the last two nights, not sure why.

14 days until my next weigh in, woot!

I've never used TRX straps - I feel like I'd get tangled up!

10 hours ago, Runningmom80 said:

Can I join?  I need some accountability.

I am an injured runner, like 3 years long injury, and I've had the hardest time regulating my weight since I stopped running. (I'm also inching towards 40 which I'm sure has something to do with it.  I don't have a ton of weight to lose but I do want to get stronger and have some muscle definition like I did as a runner.  I just signed up for LEKfit which is an at home dance aerobics workout on a trampoline. We have a membership to a nice gym but it's been so hard to get there with all of the kid activities.  I also teach and in theory do yoga, but my practice has really taken a back seat to life.

I'm also dealing with some digestive stuff that is making it hard to know what to eat. That part is super frustrating, but I can't do much about it until we figure out what is going on so I'm trying to relax and just make the best choices I can. 

I also have spring and summer allergies that cramp my style.

So my goals are:

LEKfit 5x a week

Barbell class once a week

yoga every day, at least 20 minutes

Eating: make the best choices I can without making myself ill!

I really want to get back in the habit of working out in the early morning like I used to run.  That will be my goal for the week.  I've already missed it today so I told the kids the hour after lunch is going to be for reading and art while I exercise!

I love having muscle definition - it was one of my goals when I signed up at my gym.  

I hope you can figure out your digestive issues; my dd is dealing with them and they are a mystery!  So many variables.

Mornings are the only time I work out; otherwise, my butt becomes glued to the couch.  So frustrating.

• Like 2

Welcome new people!

Worked out w/ friend, Mom out of town. So we did more HIIT bodyweight stuff. 

Not my cup of tea, I prefer heavier and slower weights but we worked our muscles and got our heart rates up. 

Tonight I'm benching, squatting, and doing pull-ups, HEAVY :) 

Hope for a walk, it is finally warming up. My sleep was a pinch better but I took some melatonin last night. Not sure what's going on, hopefully it is just some random temporary blip.

13 days to go til weigh in, gots to get me some more clothes, going shopping this weekend. It is crazy how much bigger my shirts are, anything that was on the bit bigger side is too big now. Dh was gripping about my butt getting too small (he's a curve man) but I finally got on him about it. He was saying it in a sad way, like he doesn't like it. I'm doing this for me and he needs to find nice things to say. My hips are still 12 in bigger than my waist, I've still got curves, and my chest hasn't lost all that much (less than my butt for sure). Men. Sigh.

• Like 2

Welcome,  @Runningmom80

@soror - good on you for telling him to change his words!

@Ravin - breaking the streak is tough!

I feel very accomplished now for utilizing forum tools. Is it annoying? I kind of prefer it to multi-quoting.

We are going to get snow tomorrow...again. Somehow it feels like we’ve gotten more consistent snow this week than all winter. Could be that I’m just more focused on the snow. Soccer season is...interesting with all this snow. The kids are bummed.

I managed 6 miles on the treadmill yesterday by first reasoning that I had to at least get 5 miles in and then by reasoning that 6 miles was only one mile more and less than I had already run. It worked. I’m about to head out the door for 5 miles outside. Cold or not. Bah.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mamaraby said:

Welcome,  @Runningmom80

@soror - good on you for telling him to change his words!

@Ravin - breaking the streak is tough!

I feel very accomplished now for utilizing forum tools. Is it annoying? I kind of prefer it to multi-quoting.

We are going to get snow tomorrow...again. Somehow it feels like we’ve gotten more consistent snow this week than all winter. Could be that I’m just more focused on the snow. Soccer season is...interesting with all this snow. The kids are bummed.

I managed 6 miles on the treadmill yesterday by first reasoning that I had to at least get 5 miles in and then by reasoning that 6 miles was only one mile more and less than I had already run. It worked. I’m about to head out the door for 5 miles outside. Cold or not. Bah.

Oh, that is cool, I like that too, I didn't know we coudl do that, how do you do it?

Boo, for snow, ya for runs!

1 hour ago, soror said:

Oh, that is cool, I like that too, I didn't know we coudl do that, how do you do it?

Boo, for snow, ya for runs!

You type the @ sign and then start typing the name. It’ll pop up a list of usernames. Then you select the one you need and it puts it in blue.

• Like 2

I got off my butt right after making that post yesterday and went and got in the rest of my steps for the day, so I'm back on track. I won't increase my step count until I get a full week in without missing target, though.

• Like 2

I have been in a total funk for the last several weeks - really not feeling it when it comes to exercise and my diet has been atrocious. But I started to come out of it a little yesterday and today, so I am trying to get back on track. So I rowed for an hour each yesterday and today, and my diet yesterday was really good and on track so far today. We have some big family events coming up in about 6 weeks so I’m using that as my motivation to lose some weight! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, soror said:

Welcome new people!

Worked out w/ friend, Mom out of town. So we did more HIIT bodyweight stuff. 

Not my cup of tea, I prefer heavier and slower weights but we worked our muscles and got our heart rates up. 

Tonight I'm benching, squatting, and doing pull-ups, HEAVY :) 

Hope for a walk, it is finally warming up. My sleep was a pinch better but I took some melatonin last night. Not sure what's going on, hopefully it is just some random temporary blip.

13 days to go til weigh in, gots to get me some more clothes, going shopping this weekend. It is crazy how much bigger my shirts are, anything that was on the bit bigger side is too big now. Dh was gripping about my butt getting too small (he's a curve man) but I finally got on him about it. He was saying it in a sad way, like he doesn't like it. I'm doing this for me and he needs to find nice things to say. My hips are still 12 in bigger than my waist, I've still got curves, and my chest hasn't lost all that much (less than my butt for sure). Men. Sigh.

My sister's dh used to say stuff like that, but she set him straight. :D

I did go for a walk last night. :) I probably should have studied more, but it all worked out. The test was not hard for me. Today is a rest day, but I'm still planning on a walk tonight. 

• Like 2

@peacelovehomeschooling consistency gets the job done, so good job being boring!

@Kim in Appalachia dh is generally a good guy but oblivious, like here while back when he told me my butt was HUGE but that was a compliment, I'm like you need to work on your compliments. Good thing, I like my butt, bigger or smaller :) I'm certainly not a waif now either, I got about 10 # before I'm in the range I think is on the too small for me (dh and I may disagree on that but I'm certainly not smaller than when we met).

@PinkTulip (hugs) today is a new day. 

@mamaraby- HMMM, sometimes it is bringing up the tag and sometimes not, can you only do a couple??

@Runningmom80- good job for the workout, you don't have to do it every day to be a success!

@Ravin- good job on meeting steps!

1 mi walk in afternoon.

Heavy lifting in the evening. Lifting felt great, I got triple digits on my squat, 100# back squat, woot! Then did shoulder press(45#) and tbar rows(85#). Totally changed my plan but the power rack was busy when I got there. I'm feeling sore this mornign, hopefully not a bad sore. Probably the stupid HIIT stuff, going too fast, messing up form.

I had some yummy ribs for supper, the birthday girl's choice. Today I'm having some bday cake, dd slaved over it and it looks delicious.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, soror said:

@peacelovehomeschooling consistency gets the job done, so good job being boring!

@Kim in Appalachia dh is generally a good guy but oblivious, like here while back when he told me my butt was HUGE but that was a compliment, I'm like you need to work on your compliments. Good thing, I like my butt, bigger or smaller :) I'm certainly not a waif now either, I got about 10 # before I'm in the range I think is on the too small for me (dh and I may disagree on that but I'm certainly not smaller than when we met).

@PinkTulip (hugs) today is a new day. 

@mamaraby- HMMM, sometimes it is bringing up the tag and sometimes not, can you only do a couple??

@Runningmom80- good job for the workout, you don't have to do it every day to be a success!

@Ravin- good job on meeting steps!

1 mi walk in afternoon.

Heavy lifting in the evening. Lifting felt great, I got triple digits on my squat, 100# back squat, woot! Then did shoulder press(45#) and tbar rows(85#). Totally changed my plan but the power rack was busy when I got there. I'm feeling sore this mornign, hopefully not a bad sore. Probably the stupid HIIT stuff, going too fast, messing up form.

I had some yummy ribs for supper, the birthday girl's choice. Today I'm having some bday cake, dd slaved over it and it looks delicious.

Hmmm, I was able to add in the tags for all the ones that weren’t tags in you quote. How are you posting? I’m on my iPad and sometimes the tag menu thing pops up under my keyboard. You definitely have to have the menu thingie to do the tag. Menu thingie here being a highly technical term, I know.

Oh glad to find this thread again, I lost it when the forums got re-done.  

Last weekend I ran 10 miles (spread over 2 days) and some of those miles had a pace that started with a 10:xx, so I'm happy.  :-D  

I have started getting up early again, so for the last two days I've been up at 5 and running by 5:30.  So far, just 2-3 mile run because my legs are sore from being a bit overzealous this past weekend.  

I also go the book Simple and Sinister for an easy kettlebell routine and hope to start in on that soon.  

AND I've been keeping Keto, though I did go off-plan on Easter.  

Great job everyone for keeping on keeping on.  Love this thread, it's very inspiring!

• Like 5