Menu

I'm a total mess.

mellifera33

37 minutes ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

I do have some idea, but not for certain.    Unusual allergies are hard...cilantro is an odd one.  At some point I will have to deal with it and go to the dr. 

35 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Only the Hive Mind can cure hives.  Everybody knows that.

What she said!

Surely The Hive can help you with your hives.  ;)  Share a nice little list of things you've eaten and suspected, and we can help you narrow things down.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

I have spent the last 2 weeks covered in hives.  Today is the first day of no new hives and finally the ones I had have stopped itching and are going away.  Everything points to a food allergy.  However, I do not feel like going to the dr and dealing with it now.  So I am being super careful with what I eat and praying they don't come back.  (denial is my happy place)

Yikes!Sorry about that,could it be a new shampoo,soap,laundry detergent?

• Like 1

I too had several questions for the Hive that had to go unasked.  Nobody died, so I guess I am not completely helpless.  :P

I must say it was a bit disconcerting to note how long it took me to stop having the impulse to log into WTM, even knowing it wasn't there.  I expected some withdrawal, but not that much.  I actually went looking for a really lame old site I used to go to pre-Hive - and found it had been taken down some time ago.  I tried a few other interim solutions, but nothing really did it for me.  Wish I could say I filled the extra time with productive activities ....

• Like 1

I've had so many instances of "I need to talk to the Hive about this."  I've had to make so many decisions on my own!!

This week ... I took dd on a couple of college visits to help her with her final decision.  Visited some relatives on the way home.  Found someone to refinish our "1990s oak" kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets.  Am interviewing someone people to refinish our living room wood floors.  And I am looking for a photographer for dd's senior pictures which we were holding off on due to her braces.  Since it doesn't look like they will come off before late summer, we want someone to photoshop them out and they are all "let's do two sets of portraits - before for her grad party and after when they come off."  Yeah, like we have can spend that kind of money.  

• Like 1

If it turns out I chose the wrong shoes for the wedding this weekend, it will be entirely because I didn’t get forty-seven opinions first. It was between gorgeous, expensive, but a little tight and hurty, or adequate, inexpensive and not hurty but not gorgeous. 

I am opting for inexpensive and adequate. But im keeping the gorgeous shoes in my favorites for one day when a kid of mine gets married. Assuming i can still wear heels by then. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

I've had so many instances of "I need to talk to the Hive about this."  I've had to make so many decisions on my own!!

This week ... I took dd on a couple of college visits to help her with her final decision.  Visited some relatives on the way home.  Found someone to refinish our "1990s oak" kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets.  Am interviewing someone people to refinish our living room wood floors.  And I am looking for a photographer for dd's senior pictures which we were holding off on due to her braces.  Since it doesn't look like they will come off before late summer, we want someone to photoshop them out and they are all "let's do two sets of portraits - before for her grad party and after when they come off."  Yeah, like we have can spend that kind of money.  

Final college decisions cannot be made while mom does not have access to online networks. That sounds traumatic.