Menu

THE NEW FORUMS ARE LIVE!! But be aware...

Susan Wise Bauer

...that it will take several more days for the search feature to be up to speed. There is just so much information on this site that needs indexing (over 20GB!) that it's taking the software a long time to get it all done. We thought you'd rather have the forums back with partial search than not back at all.

A few other features may also take some time to fully function. But we're getting there.

So, welcome back, and pardon our dust.=

SWB

Whee! I was just checking in and wasn't expecting the forums to be back up yet! Hooray!

Question though. Those of us who had both a Forums account and a store account, is there a way to unite the two accounts? I'm logged in under my store account right now because the forum didn't seem to recognize my forum username/password combo, but I like forum anonymity to protect mine and my family's privacy...

Edited by egao_gakari

16 minutes ago, Clare Marks said:

Whee! I was just checking in and wasn't expecting the forums to be back up yet! Hooray!

Question though. Those of us who had both a Forums account and a store account, is there a way to unite the two accounts? I'm logged in under my store account right now because the forum didn't seem to recognize my forum username/password combo, but I like forum anonymity to protect mine and my family's privacy...

Ugh.  This!  It won't let me log out of my store account and then log in under my forum name.  Hopefully it's a simple thing.  Lady Marmalade wants to be Lady Marmalade.  

Also, the smilies don't work yet.  :( 

• Like 1

Also didn't recognize me. Created a website account (by accident), switched over to the community page to create that account, said my email was already in use, clicked over to the website side, logged in, then from there clicked the community page, and it showed my user name up on the top. So, hopefully, all sorted and will post with my user name.......happy to be back either way! Hoping my user name shows up. 

13 hours ago, TheReader said:

Also didn't recognize me. Created a website account (by accident), switched over to the community page to create that account, said my email was already in use, clicked over to the website side, logged in, then from there clicked the community page, and it showed my user name up on the top. So, hopefully, all sorted and will post with my user name.......happy to be back either way! Hoping my user name shows up. 

I used your method to get in.  Posting this to see if my user name or email appears :)

and yay!  User name!  Thank you for the workaround.

The light blue was bothering my eyes, but I found out that if you click on "Theme" at the very bottom of the page beneath the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram icons, you can change the theme.  The "default" is better for me to see the type font.  (In case anybody else is experiencing this.)  

• Like 1

Yay!  I've miss you guys.  I've been trying all weekend, and this is the first time I've been able to get through.  I guess it's just slowly cranking through everyone's account.  I hope the Signatures come back automatically.  

Thanks Susan and all you techie people over there in Virginia.

• 3 weeks later...