Menu

S/O: Advice for WTMers during The Great Blackout of 2018

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garga had the excellent idea of dispensing critical advice during The Great Blackout of 2018:     I thought it would be good to formalize this idea to make sure all bases are covered! :D   Every

Yes, you are probably overreacting but I understand how you feel.   *hugs*

- If your child is just not getting it, wait six months and try again.

So, you know how in emergency evacuations it is important to have a meet-up place for the family.... I'm thinking that we need to designate several locations around the world as WTM Blackout Shelters.  If the boards don't come back up, we can get in our cars (or on planes) and meet at the designated locations.  

Really this is an important thing to have in the case of a solar flare, or an EMP, or an internet disaster...

maybe we could start with these lists:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20140327-worlds-most-beautiful-bookshops

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/50-of-the-best-indie-bookstores-in-america_us_58fe472ae4b06b9cb9192bb3

Great idea! Be aware, the one in RDU has now closed. It was a sad day for traveling book lovers.

• Like 1

Thought of a couple more:

Name your daughter Nora and your son Brian. (These were on my list and I never got to use them, hahahaha).

Serve the side salad before the appetizer because the servers make the salad. :lol:

Your daughter doesn't need a coat. Because she's FAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEE!

(What about the breathing, the panting, the moaning, the screaming?

Fake, fake, fake ,fake! ~~~ Jerry and Elaine)

Was she a troll really? I had a bit of a troll radar go up but otherwise ignored the whole thing. :)

• Like 2

So, you know how in emergency evacuations it is important to have a meet-up place for the family.... I'm thinking that we need to designate several locations around the world as WTM Blackout Shelters. If the boards don't come back up, we can get in our cars (or on planes) and meet at the designated locations.

Really this is an important thing to have in the case of a solar flare, or an EMP, or an internet disaster...

maybe we could start with these lists:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20140327-worlds-most-beautiful-bookshops

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/50-of-the-best-indie-bookstores-in-america_us_58fe472ae4b06b9cb9192bb3

No, if things get really bad, MomsintheGarden and I are packing up and heading straight to Garga's church, where the meet ups have been held!
  • Like 4

I couldn't figure out why this post sounded familiar, but it finally dawned on me:

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parent-cafe/2063523-whose-responsiblity.html

If you don't want to click on CC, a new poster there (Scottish Nicole), also from Scotland, asks the exact same question about twin 6 year olds at school. No asthma, though, so certainly it's not the same poster who's just gotten mixed up on her kids' ages. :closedeyes:

The internet is so weird.

Was she a troll really? I had a bit of a troll radar go up but otherwise ignored the whole thing. :)

plansrme found her with a similar story on another board.

• Like 1

Read 'em while we got 'em, folks.

Read 'em while we got 'em. There are a few threads, but this one  is a good one.

Oh my gosh, I'd never seen that one. That's hilarious. I still think my favorite Hive quote of all time has to be "holy overstimulation BatMan" from the original TeA brewing thread though.....That and the story of the flying squirrel in the toilet. Good times I tell ya. 

• Like 4

plansrme found her with a similar story on another board.

I hadn't even opened the jacket thread until I saw it mentioned on this one, but I have seen Weird Jacket Poster on another board (maybe two) as well. It was either a debate board or a baby names board, or possibly both. Such an odd thing to go around posting everywhere!

• Like 1

I hadn't even opened the jacket thread until I saw it mentioned on this one, but I have seen Weird Jacket Poster on another board (maybe two) as well. It was either a debate board or a baby names board, or possibly both. Such an odd thing to go around posting everywhere!

It is the same with the Which to Serve First: Salad v Appetizer Troll. S/he has posted all over on different boards.

• Like 1

Not me. See ya later, everyone!

Last on to leave please lock up and turn off the lights.

Did you know that was actually a billboard in Seattle in the 70s during a recession when Boeing was hit hard.

Should have bought property then. I hope as still in high school though