Menu

Book on U.S. Presidents

I just got Our Country's Presidents by Ann Bausum, and it is very nice. It has beautiful color portraits of each president, a section of quick facts, and a one to three page description of each man's presidency. Then there are sections on things like: Kids in the White House, First Ladies, the powers of the president, the Vice Presidency, Presidents in War, Presidents who died in office, etc. I looked around a few weeks ago at Barnes & Noble, and this was my favorite on the subject. I think it would be appropriate for grammar through middle school.

I have Yo, Millard Fillmore in the car and both boys enjoying reading through it while driving:

http://www.amazon.com/Millard-Fillmore-Those-Other-Presidents/dp/0761302360/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203025048&sr=8-1

The book has a little fact about each president and a cartoon to help memorization. It's a fun little book, and my boys are learning the presidents in order. HTH!