Menu

Audible ...

Ausmumof3

I need to cancel my audible membership and just discovered that you can't do it from the mobile site only desktop! Currently don't have a functional laptop which is annoying. I guess dh will be able to do it for me from work but honestly. I'm sure that they could put the cancellation option on the mobile site - they manage to put everything else on there!

Are you able to go to the full site on your mobile device? Sometimes if you scroll down to the bottom on an app you'll see a link to the full site. It's a pain trying to read a full site on a phone (tablet?) but it might work if it allows you to do that.

FWIW, I've never used the app for anything except listening to my audio books but that's a ridiculous policy for them to have. It's got to be frustrating. Surely they know that more and more people are using their phone or tablet as their main computer these days. That's not right to force you to use a computer to cancel. 

• Like 4

Scroll to bottom and click "full site" on the right.

Then go to the top and click on your name. You can go to your account and click the link that says "cancel membership" I have done it on my Samsung.

Perfect! Thank you. This worked. I still think it's slightly disingenuous of them to tell you that you can't cancel from your phone though.

Perfect! Thank you. This worked. I still think it's slightly disingenuous of them to tell you that you can't cancel from your phone though.

It absolutely is disingenuous. Amazon has had quite a few moments like that but I have continued to find work arounds. Some of us never touch a laptop and do everything on our phone. It annoys me when I am limited in that way considering they can easily add links to sign up for their services but not to cancel. Gggrrr...

I spend a fair amount of time canceling audible. I just wait for them to send me the "come back and we will give you 3 months at half price" email. I sign up, use it for 3 months, cancel and wait again. I don't love it enough to pay full price for it. I like the monthly credit and will use it for the more expensive books or courses and then stock up on the sales. We listen through our books while we wait for our next sign up period.

Edited by nixpix5

It absolutely is disingenuous. Amazon has had quite a few moments like that but I have continued to find work arounds. Some of us never touch a laptop and do everything on our phone. It annoys me when I am limited in that way considering they can easily add links to sign up for their services but not to cancel. Gggrrr...

I spend a fair amount of time canceling audible. I just wait for them to send me the "come back and we will give you 3 months at half price" email. I sign up, use it for 3 months, cancel and wait again. I don't love it enough to pay full price for it. I like the monthly credit and will use it for the more expensive books or courses and then stock up on the sales. We listen through our books while we wait for our next sign up period.

I tried this and never did get the “come back†email 😒

And you don't think that type of behavior is why they make people take the extra steps to cancel. They make it extra hard in hopes people will be too lazy to cancel so they get another month out of them. This allows them to be able to offer those types of deals to old members. It is a game that the company and customers play so to speak. The company generally wins every time in the long run.

I tried this and never did get the “come back†email 😒

It takes a long while. For me I don't use it enough to warrant a monthly subscription. We go through seasons of audio books so for us, occasional months out of the year to stock up is fine. It isn't a great plan for those who use it alot. I am a prime member and subscribe to their music service which I can't go months without. It is just personal preference :)

And you don't think that type of behavior is why they make people take the extra steps to cancel. They make it extra hard in hopes people will be too lazy to cancel so they get another month out of them. This allows them to be able to offer those types of deals to old members. It is a game that the company and customers play so to speak. The company generally wins every time in the long run.

Possibly. It has been a pretty standard company practice though for ages. I remember it being SUPER challenging to cancel many subscriptions to lots of things back in the day. The 1 800 number you would have to call to cancel and nobody would pick up for example. The physical letter that had to be sent in. You're right, companies do tend to win on this because they are banking on someone forgetting for at least the first month.

I mark my calendar. I have one month left in this 3 month half price cycle. I will then cancel and if they continue to send me reinvintation emails months down the road, I will probably take them up on it yet again. Amazon has a complicated algorithm system that they use to look at profit and loss so I am sure if I am a dead weight to them they won't send them anymore. I know it incorporates total amazon spending which, I will admit in my household is steep. We love Amazon and they get plenty of our money ;)

Yep.

I feel like it's not worth paying full price as most of the books I download are less than $15. Also I have a backlog so I wouldn't mind catching up then signing up again.