Menu

What's with the ads?

Margaret in CO

What ever happened with the Nauglers?

She had a (hospital delivered) stillborn baby last summer.

She still works as a dog groomer, and takes children to work with her.

They live in a plywood wall/uninsulated cabin. The children were returned home to them.

They probably aren’t winning any Parent of the Year awards.

• Like 3

FreeJinger has a Naugler subforum.  They keep up with them.  I haven't in awhile, but from what I remember, it was same old same old.

:(

This makes me sad. I'm glad the state can't just take kids, but... it just did not sound like a good situation. Sigh.

Wow--even at my most snarkiest, FJ is beyond the pale. What do they have against the Maxwells? I've never use MOTH, but I've met Teri. She seems like a nice person. Oh well. 

• Like 1

FreeJinger has a Naugler subforum. They keep up with them. I haven't in awhile, but from what I remember, it was same old same old.

Something must have happened, one now must have an account to read the Naugler Subforum.

Basically, the Nauglers are still crazy. At one point there was some big issue about them throwing their buckets of human waste on the ground and it, along with used feminine products and dirty diapers, ended up rolling down hill to their neighbors property.

• Like 2

Sorry, I was typing, lost my mouse battery, and everything went south.

Maxwells are Managers of Their Homes authors--longtime hsers from way back when. If you've every seen color-coded charts, with everything in 30 minute increments, you've seen MOTH. It would never have worked for me, and Teri Maxwell would be horrified at the clutter in my house, but it HAS helped a lot of newish hs moms to get some order in their lives. Maxwells have raised their many children in a very strict way, but they seem to be happy adults. It is odd that Mr. Maxwell refers to his last 5 kids as "The Reversals" but each to his own. If you haven't done a reversal and had more kids, you'd not be familiar with the culture. 

As to the rolling buckets of poo from the Nauglers--UGH!

I read her Hsing with a Meek and Gentle Spirit awhile back. However, meek is probably not the first word someone would use to describe me! Maybe I should reread it. 

Yeah. Agreed.

I post frequently on FJ and have for over ten years. I think the issue with the maxwells is Steve’s level of control over his family. However, if you haven’t kept up with them, you may not see it. They’ve become stranger and more controlling over the last decade or so.

• Like 4

I used MOTH my first year homeschooling.  LOL   I realized that while I may aspire to be that organized, it just was never going to happen. :D

I was not aware of the issues in the family either until I read on FreeJinger and then started reading their blogs and stuff.

I've come to realize (and this comes from my own life experience as well) that people really have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.  

You would be surprised at how many narcissist and other personality disorder parents/spouses there are, and how they exert control and terrorize their families, but appear to be such wonderful people to the outside world.  

There are many families where everybody walks on eggshells in an attempt to keep the peace. 

The Nauglers is a case where I'm assuming that the Kentucky CPS folks and foster system must be so overburdened by the opioid epidemic, that allowing those 11-12 kids (can't remember how many they have)  to stay with their parents is a better use of the state's limited resources than allowing 11-12 kids to stay with their addict parents. 

• Like 4

I post frequently on FJ and have for over ten years. I think the issue with the maxwells is Steve’s level of control over his family. However, if you haven’t kept up with them, you may not see it. They’ve become stranger and more controlling over the last decade or so.

I believe that. I don’t follow their pages, I just use their materials and have Teri’s Mom’s corner in my inbox each month. Her materials, especially Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit, have been by blessings to us. Her own struggles with depression and the mire of getting in over her head are something that resonate deeply with me.

Fortunately their kids are mostly grown and gone and have their own families now, so if Steve wants to be wacky his reach is definitely less. I don’t agree with them on everything, certainly, but they’re not closeted abusers leading hoards of people to the koolaid or anything like that, unless something has really changed from what I’m seeing each month.

FJ isn’t really well known for balance, and unfortunately a lot of the vitriol masks some of the good work and research being done. I can’t tolerate that forum for more than a few minutes at a time.

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 2

I personally knew the Maxwells during Teri’s depression. They were kind loving parents and their older children (since the others weren’t born yet) were delightful curious young people. There were some issues- they actually cut all ties with our church in a huff after we had spent a lot of time reaching out and helping them. But- lots of people do that sort of thing. I never felt that they were imbalanced - just that they lacked a bigger perspective which is common when someone has been going through such deep depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1