Menu

What's with the ads?

heartlikealion

Nailed it (cake show)

This had me cracking up. My family was watching it and I came late to the game but got a good chuckle. It’s on Netflix. You know how there are memes online with the caption “nailed it†making a joke of an attempt to recreate a Pinterest project? It’s that. These are home cooks trying to best recreate a particular cake.

• Like 3

We've watched the first two episodes.

It seems a lot easier to win $10k there than on Chopped or what not. :)

I like the hostess and Jacques Torres, as well as the guest judges.  I think sometimes the judges are a little mean, but the contestants all seem to take it in good humor.

It's not the Great British Baking Show but it's fun. They really don't give these folks much time for a finished product. :D

It's not the Great British Baking Show but it's fun. They really don't give these folks much time for a finished product. :D

Around Christmas I watched a bunch of the master episodes. I should go back and watch more of the cooking challenges.

• Like 1

Nailed it was a big Nope here.

Loved the judges, but the host was sort of mean and I don’t like mean.

• Like 2

I probably can't watch it. It sounds like the kind of show that might cause me to die from second-hand embarrassment. (it's a thing)

• Like 5

It had my whole family ROFL.  The contestants all took in good spirits and seemed to know what they were  in for. The easiest way to way to win $10,000 baking for sure.  

Edited by rebcoola
  • Like 2

We loved it. I didn’t think anyone was mean at all. The judges were super nice and helpful and the hostess did a lot of kidding but it was all fun. Nobody on that show was taking themselves too seriously.

• Like 1

I thought it was amusing,but my 7 year old is obsessed with it. She's now on her third time through the season. I find the judges to be sarcastic but not truly mean. None of the contestants are taking themselves completely seriously.

DC and I watched all six episodes. It's pretty amusing. That third Trump cake had us cracking up!!

That's the ep I walked into. I was laughing so hard at that last cake.

The challenges are impossible, even the professionals couldn’t make the cake in the time limit. So it’s all pretty funny and everyone seems to be having a good time.

• Like 2

I think I watched 2 episodes. Makes me cringe. I can't get over that there doesn't seem to be fairness in judging. Like, I can't even figure out what their criteria are. I'll probably keep watching it though, like how you can't look away from a trainwreck. 

And like a PP said, I don't like the host's behavior/rudeness. 

And how does a network have enough money to give away $10,000 per episode? I know they're probably made of money, but that part kinda makes me sick.

If you like good baking contests, watch Zumbo's Just Deserts. The desserts are phenomenal.

Zumbos is good, but there's a fair amount of language, if that matters to people.

I watched one of Nailed It and the host annoyed me. I might try another, though.

I found the show pretty funny as well as the host but her voice...ack!! I don't know what it is about it but I can't listen to her.

Another good cooking show on Netflix is "The Big Family Cooking Showdown"

One of the hosts is Nadya from GBBO.  The other is Zoe Ball, who is very likable (IMHO).  

• Like 3

The host is so annoying. She is trying way too hard to be funny, which turns out to be not funny.  I watched an episode with dd11 and couldn't bring myself to watch another.  

Edited by Tap

Another good cooking show on Netflix is "The Big Family Cooking Showdown"

One of the hosts is Nadya from GBBO.  The other is Zoe Ball, who is very likable (IMHO).  

I watched this, it was amazing. Though, fair warning, it made me crave Indian food badly  during the program and now I have a lot of spices I didn't have before in my kitchen.  :laugh:  So far I have made several dishes, I like this website.  https://myheartbeets.com/ :laugh:

• Like 1

The host is so annoying. She is trying way too hard to be funny, which turns out to be not funny.  I watched an episode with dd11 and couldn't bring myself to watch another.  

At times I internally cringed, as she was a bit over the top. She did make me laugh when she said she'd have nightmares from one of the cakes (because it was done so horribly and creepily, not because it was Trump). 

Oh man, my kids talked me into this and after two episodes I begged them to please stop and could we please just rewatch The Great British Bake Off...

I'm happy that they're back onto something far more enjoyable -- but they thought Nailed It was quite funny and probably can't wait to watch more, I refuse to be tortured. 

I think I watched 2 episodes. Makes me cringe. I can't get over that there doesn't seem to be fairness in judging. Like, I can't even figure out what their criteria are. I'll probably keep watching it though, like how you can't look away from a trainwreck.

And like a PP said, I don't like the host's behavior/rudeness.

And how does a network have enough money to give away $10,000 per episode? I know they're probably made of money, but that part kinda makes me sick.

There’s only 6 episodes. $60,000. I’m sure it costs far more than that to produce the episodes.

I really don’t understand the focus on the hostess being “meanâ€. She is all sunshine and roses compared to other cooking shows.

• Like 1

There’s only 6 episodes. $60,000. I’m sure it costs far more than that to produce the episodes.

I really don’t understand the focus on the hostess being “meanâ€. She is all sunshine and roses compared to other cooking shows.

I don't get it either, it's completely inept people making giant desserts for which they don't have remotely enough time. 

It kinda seems like the whole thing is supposed to be funny. I think the host is supposed to be making fun of them a bit? 

I didn't think she was mean at all. I would have been laughing a lot harder than she did. One of those Trump cakes was actually terrifying my children.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Did no one else notice from the introductions that the people competing in that show are bad at baking? Those people do not know what they are doing.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 2

This show hilarious! I also don't think anyone takes themselves too seriously. They can't, there isn't time and talent to be too serious. I think it's all in good fun.

Kelly

• Like 3

Ok I didn’t think I would like this show being an amateur baker, but it is hilarious. I think the contestants go into it knowing they don’t know what they are doing.

• Like 3

As a big girl, I love how the host dresses.  Especially her dress in the Trump cake episode.

i totally think the girl with the blinged-out glasses should have won it.... plus Miss Venezuela's shirt/chest was distracting/tacky.

Warning for those with young kids...some sexual innuendo.