Menu

What's with the ads?

scootiepie

9 yo girl breast "lump" - one side

My daughter has a lump, for lack of a better word, just under one nipple.   She is not developing and I was thinking maybe this is a first

stage - except that is it just one side.  Not sure if I should wait it out and see what happens, or if this needs checked out.  She's fairly active and

just finished basketball so I thought she could have an injury, but it doesn't hurt and there's no discoloration. 

I'm assuming this is really not normal.    Thoughts?

Actually, I might not be visioning this correctly, but it's very common for kids to develop on one side before another.  I'm guessing normal development, but can always go to dr to get checked if you're concerned.

• Like 2

It is quite common for one side to develop a breast bud before the other, and nine is right within the normal age range.

I don't think you have anything to worry about but you can always take her to a doctor if you are concerned.

Edited by maize
  • Like 6

I had to take my youngest to an endocrinologist and during the exam  he found breast buds despite her hormone testing showing she was not yet in puberty. He said that environmental exposure to lavender and/or tea tree oil can cause them. I had been using lavender bath salts as she finds them calming but I switched to a different type.

My daughter has a lump, for lack of a better word, just under one nipple. She is not developing and I was thinking maybe this is a first

stage - except that is it just one side. Not sure if I should wait it out and see what happens, or if this needs checked out. She's fairly active and

just finished basketball so I thought she could have an injury, but it doesn't hurt and there's no discoloration.

I'm assuming this is really not normal. Thoughts?

Neither I nor my dd's started buds bilaterally. There was/is obvious assymetry. I would be watchful but not panic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by joyofsix