Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

There are possible tornadoes across the southeast later today. Pray for safety! There may be hail up to 2 inches in diameter, too. 

I was supposed to take ds to swim (which will probably be cancelled if we have storms), and then I was taking him to spend the night with a friend because I'm going to a conference out of town all day tomorrow. I may have to take him early in the morning if the weather keeps me off the roads. We don't normally leave ds home all day long, especially with me over 2 hours away and dh at work. 

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

more coffee

meals

school with ds               

tutor

laundry 

unsure about evening plans because of weather

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Mom31257, stay safe in the tornadoes!

Already done:  fed pets, prayed, posted, send email explaining that I am not coming back next year as a co-leader for AHG (my dd will be in 12th grade and needs to do other stuff.  It's sad because she's been with the troop since 4th grade and we have loved it!)

To do:  

Clean kitchen

make breakfast

Get dd up and moving 

Call vet to schedule appt.

Shower

Take ds to math class

grocery shop

p/u ds

do some planning for both AHG and co-op classes

Prep for dinner

Go to AHG meeting

Take dd to rehearsal

home again - dinner 

babysit little 2 yo for his mama while she's in class

My 26 yo son is flying in today to spend the week!  I think his flight gets in around 8:30 p.m.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Amy, I hope the forecast is wrong and the tornadoes and hail don't materialize. Will be thinking of you today!

I am having a hard time accepting that it is Monday and time to get busy with a new week. :tongue_smilie: I have a bit of a migraine starting up and just want to lounge around and be useless, but I guess that is not an option.

•drink lots of coffee

•school

•office work (finish up bills and get those vehicle registrations dealt with once and for all)

•hay delivery (sweep shed out beforehand)

•tidy up deck

•straighten up a bit in preparation for the workers who will be here tomorrow to work on our fireplace

•look around online & try to find some yoga pants with decent pockets

•ds17 golf lesson

•dinner: pea pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach

• Like 5

Good morning!

Easing back into our school routine after Spring Break. As usual, DS' attitude is crummy. Sigh.

Realized yesterday that I have gained 10 lbs this winter. Ugh. Time for me and dh to be back on the low carb wagon. Need to make a plan for getting more exercise too.

School

Take a meal to friends.

Ds ready for scouts.

School planning

Dinner - lettuce wraps and fried rice

• Like 5

Good morning

The school stuff will be copy and pasted through out the week and things that are done will be deleted

- coffee.... lots of coffee

- read ch. 10 for history

- notes and ch. 10 review for history

- history discussion- initial post done

- ch. 10 quiz

- history videos

- start issue paper due 4/8

- read primary documents and journal thoughts- 0/8 done

- read/notes/chapter reviews for chapters 5-13 in microbiology- ch. 5, 6, 7, 8 completely done, ch 9 started

- unit 3,4 and 5 questions for microbiology that are online and assigned as homework- unit 3 is done, unit 4 about 1/2 done

- unit 3, 4 and 5 study modules (get 20 points on exam if complete)- 1 out of 8 sections done for unit 3 0 out of 6 sections for unit 4 0 out of 8 for unit 5

- lab exercises- I know the ones we will be doing after spring break (next week is spring break)

- chicken research.... slowly reading raising chickens for dummies-

- update planner- done... for now (hope to get an update tonight for microbiology)- well we have an exam Wednesday and starting unit 5 after spring break

- dishes- load 2 in dishwasher

- tidy kitchen- round 1 done

- tidy living room- round 1 done

- laundry- load in dryer

- meds- done

- dd1 and sitter’s son off bus- done

- greet sitter- done

- make sure dd1 reads and practice spelling words and help with any home work- spelling done, homework done (it was only a few questions)

- pack back pack (make sure iPad and phone are charged)- done

- pick up classmate- done

- school- done

- tent camping research (we have a 6 person tent, 2 queen air mattresses and sleeping bags for the girls so far)-

- Girl Scout stuff

- dinner- dh is taking dd1 to some officer meeting for 4h (she’s treasurer for B.B. gun) and they are having a taco bar there- reminded dh of said meeting and dh got all of us subway, he said the taco bar was more of a nacho bar and the girls didn’t look thrilled about it.

- baths/showers- girls not needed

- bedtime routine- one done one to go

- anything else I get done- went to gas station to fill up, looked at potential fall school schedule for me

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 4

Good morning! We have a busy day here. dd2 is off to school-tests to take before she leaves for her meet on Wednesday. Lots of chores, errands and running around today.

To do:

boys up and working

clean kitchen

other chores

ds3 to guitar

store for few items

ds3 to gym/swim/workout before tennis-needs his bike

ds2 early to aikido

pick up dd2

dd2 to club practice

dh pick up ds2

home

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Scout, I'm right there with you! I can tell I've gained weight by my clothes, but I don't want to get on the scale. LOL!  I've allowed myself to eat a lot more carbs and sugar over the last few months. More exercise makes me hungrier, though. I'm definitely going back to less carbs. 

I decided to put dinner in the crock pot on high. I'm trying to beat the storms. We often have power outages during them. 

One load of laundry is almost done in the dryer and a second is ready to go in. 

• Like 4

Dh told me I need to order a new toilet for the main floor bath, so I've spent most of the morning reading online toilet reviews. Some of which contain TMI. :huh:  Ended up ordering a Toto, since it was very highly recommended.

First of three loads of hay has been delivered.

Two loads laundry done.

• Like 4

This is a week with evening activities every night Monday - Thursday, some requiring a longish drive. So, no dinner for three of those nights. ðŸ™

Today, I have been doing more sorting out. Over the past weeks, I went over china, rearranging shelves, putting some in nice Container Store padded dish cases, so they are out of the way, but more accessible than if they were wrapped in bubble wrap. I am hoping to sell a few things to Replacements, but keeping most of it, as I love china.

This weekend, I brought about twenty (yes, 20, lol) boxes of glasses to the living room. I've never actively collected glass, but I find I have some truly beautiful inherited pieces. Bless my parents for getting things in sets of 24, lol. Even with breakage over time, that is a lot of glass. I am sorting and re-packing into boxes with dividers so that I can actually use the stuff that does not fit into the limited space in my kitchen.

I have to find or buy a drill bit that drills the right size holes for shelf supports, so I can add more shelves to a cupboard. Then rearrange.

I have been starting some boxes for Goodwill. So far, nondescript and/or overly large flower vases, extra martini glasses, English pub style beer mugs -- btw, I haven't had a cocktail in about 20 years and have never liked beer. I will add some cute cookie jars and whatever else I don't want. Ds saw and said he'd like to make money by selling stuff on eBay. Not in a million years would I want that -- I already have more than enough to nag about.

• Like 5

Dh told me I need to order a new toilet for the main floor bath, so I've spent most of the morning reading online toilet reviews. Some of which contain TMI. :huh: Ended up ordering a Toto, since it was very highly recommended.

First of three loads of hay has been delivered.

Two loads laundry done.

I want to replace a toilet after I sort out things. Toto does get the best reviews. Which models did you like?

• Like 4

Some work in the wee hours.

Checked the news.

Slept.

Kids off to the school bus.

Went back to bed until 11:something.

Checked work emails / social media.

To do:

• Work.
  • Some reading and housework.
  • Laundry.
  • Kids' work - they are skipping gymnastics to study for a test.
  • Calendar.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Like 6

I want to replace a toilet after I sort out things. Toto does get the best reviews. Which models did you like?

I went with the Toto Drake Elongated. 

Here's a link:

https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/toto-drake-16-gpf-elongated-two-piece-toilet-tot4736.html?refid=TEM_WF_262&mmid=1381175705&csnid=D94EFB45-FEE8-4F63-97E4-4AF910A9EC11&libra_c=&libra_d=&libra_g=&cltr=

• Like 3

2 laundry loads folded, partly put away.  Last load is in dryer.  Need to remember to gather hangers before going back downstairs.

Washed dishes, kitchen is clean except for the floor.

Got some work done, lots more to do.

Really not sure why I feel so stressed out right now.

• Like 4

Two more loads of laundry done.

Cleaned kitchen.

Last load of hay was delivered.

Talked to the vet about dd's pony's bloodwork. Came up with a treatment plan for his Equine Metabolic Syndrome, which involves keeping him next to but separate from the other horses so we can strictly control his food intake. Sigh. This involves putting up more fencing and possibly another small building.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered some much needed clothes (I hate clothes shopping, even online. :ack2: ) 

• Like 4

Laaundry is working.

Paid a bill. 

Updated the checkbook/budget.

School is sloooow today. ds just doesn't want to work. Dd has a report, due tomorrow, which she knew about, but has not started. Ugh. My children have not inherited one cell, not one atom, of my administrative ability.

We are in for some of the same weather that Amy is getting. Big thunderstorms, hail and possible tornadoes. Schools are out for the afternoon. Scouts is probably cancelled. I asked dh to come home early, but no sign of him yet. I moved the car in beside the house, out of reach of falling trees or branches. 

eta: 

DW is running.

Dinner is mostly made.

Cleaned the microwave

Got dd started on her report.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Scout, I hope you stay safe from the storms! Amy,too!

We still have snow in the forecast for later this week, but today is beautiful - sunny and 50*. The first little crocus is poking up and blooming in our plant bed today.

My horses have spring fever and have been galloping around like goofy colts all day. They threw six of their pasture toys over the fence, so I had to trek down and retrieve them.

• Like 4

Laundry is finished, except for the kids putting away their clothes.

Kids and I had a mini dance party in between their Literature homework and Geography study.

I got some more work out.

I need to place an Amazon order that I keep forgetting about.

• Like 5

Well, unpacking all my boxes of glass wasn't as bad as had thought it would be. A number of the boxes had other fragile stuff, like glass serving bowls and plates, ornamental china thingamabobs, etc. I found a pretty desk set, china with roses, that I had been looking for to put in dd's room. Everything is heaped about, every flat surface is covered with glasses, but it is all categorized, and I am making an inventory.

I added to the Goodwill pile and washed all the glasses and vases I am donating. How nuts is that?

• Like 4

The storms are holding off here until late tonight, but my dad and dd are in southeast TN, so they may get them. Scout, stay safe, too!!

I got two loads of laundry done. Dinner was in the crockpot with not power outages. 

Ds still needs to do one page in geometry. He's going to spend the night with the friend since it's not too bad to get him there. 

• Like 4