Menu

I don't want to put a 50 cent stamp on this envelope.

mom31257

We have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, and they want a form sent to them stating if we have other health insurance or not. We don't have any other, but I know they are collecting this money to hopefully avoid paying bills that some other company might could be paying. I think if they are going to collect information that will save them money, the least they could do is include a postage paid return envelope. 

When I see that Anthem's stock has almost quadrupled in the last 5 years, I'm a little frustrated that I am expected to pay the money to send them the information that might get them out of paying someone's medical bills. 

I'm not one to rant too much on here, so I hope you all don't mind. 

Hope you all have a great week!

• Like 1

We have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, and they want a form sent to them stating if we have other health insurance or not. We don't have any other, but I know they are collecting this money to hopefully avoid paying bills that some other company might could be paying. I think if they are going to collect information that will save them money, the least they could do is include a postage paid return envelope.

When I see that Anthem's stock has almost quadrupled in the last 5 years, I'm a little frustrated that I am expected to pay the money to send them the information that might get them out of paying someone's medical bills.

I'm not one to rant too much on here, so I hope you all don't mind.

Hope you all have a great week!

Can you scan and email the form?

• Like 1

Is this just the questionnaire asking if you have insurance? Ours has a link to fill it out online but I ignore them altogether. 

Ours has a link to fill it out online, too. We have forgotten to do it sometimes, and we get reminded when BCBS starts denying claims on the grounds that we might possibly have other insurance.  :glare: Actually, this last time, I think DH says he DID take care of it online, but it didn't go through for whatever reason. He called them up and they took care of it over the phone.

I wouldn't suggest ignoring it. 

• Like 2

Why bother completing it??? I'd just shred it and be done.

They will not pay your claims without it. They will wait to see if there’s another insurance company involved. No skin off their nose to deny the claim untl they get the info.

• Like 6

We have BCBS and have had claims denied until we filled it out. After that happened once I don't ignore it anymore. I actually think when it happened I was able to just call in and tell them we had no other insurance. Still a pain.

I ignored it and am currently still dealing with the fallout from it.  It started with me also being ticked about the stamp and attempted to complete it online.  I guess this didn't "take" as I started getting big bills from different providers.  After investigating, I learned that BCBS was denying all claims.  I filled out the stupid form and asked the providers to resubmit.  Some wouldn't and I had to pay up front and submit myself.  Many stamps later, several lost hours on the phone, one bill sent to collections, and lots of swearing, and I will STILL trying to get everything covered.