Menu

Happy news!

Hoggirl

And, just like that, he's finished!

Ds finished his degree requirements today - a quarter early! All of this quarter's classes had final projects with presentations instead of final exams, and his senior project presentation was his last one today! He's coming to visit us next week (during finals week) and then traveling to Barcelona with friends the week of spring break.

Ds will be living on campus spring quarter but not taking any classes. What a senior spring!!! He has an on-line tutoring job lined up where he can do as much or as little as he wants. He also plans to study for and take the GMAT in case he decides to pursue business school some day. Commencement is in June.

I feel a little like Scarlett O'Hara with regard to the college board now - "Where shall I go? What shall I do?"

It truly has gone by in a flash. I am so grateful for all the help and support on this board!! THANK YOU!!!

• Like 47

Thank you, everyone! It does feel like it wasn't that long ago that we were waiting, waiting, waiting for all options to be in.

I did not share this at the time, but ds was deferred in Stanford's Restricted Early Action round and then accepted in the Regular Decision round. While it was an extraordinarily long winter, I think it made his admission all the sweeter. He has loved it there and thrived there and has an AMAZING friend group. It has definitely been worth it to us and to him.

• Like 7

Congratulations! And I agree, you MUST stay and impart your wisdom to those coming after. It's not explicitly stated in the board rules but is a requirement we all just made up and vetoed into effect as of March 16 (date you posted this!). :laugh:

So exciting!

• Like 2