Menu

Chelle in MO - Happy 20th Anniversary

Good Morning All,

Although my username is Dad 4 Boys, it would more appropriate for it to be “Mr. Chelle in MOâ€. As of today, 11/12/08, she and I have been married 20 wonderful years.

As such, I wanted to express my love for her in this public forum and list 20 things that I cherish from our years together. I know she hangs out here, so here goes in no particular order.

• Running through the rain to her front door for our first “date†even though I almost broke my neck.
  • The long telephone conversations and the high phone bills while she was still in Missouri and I was in California.
  • Cola Icees and Milk Duds at the 7-11 across from our apartment in Atwater, CA when we were stationed at Castle AFB. We were so poor we could barely afford even this.
  • All you can eat night at Sizzler even though we really couldn’t afford it.
  • Cambria by the sea.
  • Driving straight through from Castle AFB to Oklahoma City without stopping for rest.
  • Buying our first new car right before our wedding and driving separately through a blizzard to Minot AFB, ND the next week. What more could a man offer a woman for a honeymoon.
  • Travelling the vast open areas of North Dakota every weekend of the summer to find a good farm auction.
  • 26 inches of snow and 38 below.
  • Sticking with me through my post Air Force career “transition†and following me to the south to begin my new career.
  • So many new addresses in so few years.
  • Convincing me that we needed to have children. What was I thinking?
  • Taking care of our first-born while I was at the golf course watching The Masters.
  • Stepping in without hesitation to rescue a little boy who really needed a mom.
  • Raising and teaching 4 young men to be true sons of God.
  • Encouraging me to find the right path and helping me set my compass when it goes astray.
  • Putting up with and caring for the “Old Manâ€
  • Enduring baseball seasons that seem to go on forever.
  • Being caring, kind and generous to those around you.
  • Being my partner, lover and best friend.

M,

Although I don’t always show or say it, I love you so very much. Thank you for the past 20 plus years. They’ve gone by so fast. You are a wonderful woman, wife, mother and friend. I’m looking forward to many more.

KK

Psalm 118:24

Bumping this up--hoping someone will share this sweet sentiment with me! I didn't see this post all day. He just came home and had to show it to me. Guess I don't spend too much time here, after all!

Happy anniversary to us! Isn't he the BEST???

Chelle

He's a keeper, Chelle!

Happy Anniversary to both of you :001_smile:

Good Morning All,

Although my username is Dad 4 Boys, it would more appropriate for it to be “Mr. Chelle in MOâ€. As of today, 11/12/08, she and I have been married 20 wonderful years.

As such, I wanted to express my love for her in this public forum and list 20 things that I cherish from our years together. I know she hangs out here, so here goes in no particular order.

• Running through the rain to her front door for our first “date†even though I almost broke my neck.

• The long telephone conversations and the high phone bills while she was still in Missouri and I was in California.

• Cola Icees and Milk Duds at the 7-11 across from our apartment in Atwater, CA when we were stationed at Castle AFB. We were so poor we could barely afford even this.

• All you can eat night at Sizzler even though we really couldn’t afford it.

• Cambria by the sea.

• Driving straight through from Castle AFB to Oklahoma City without stopping for rest.

• Buying our first new car right before our wedding and driving separately through a blizzard to Minot AFB, ND the next week. What more could a man offer a woman for a honeymoon.

• Travelling the vast open areas of North Dakota every weekend of the summer to find a good farm auction.

• 26 inches of snow and 38 below.

• Sticking with me through my post Air Force career “transition†and following me to the south to begin my new career.

• So many new addresses in so few years.

• Convincing me that we needed to have children. What was I thinking?

• Taking care of our first-born while I was at the golf course watching The Masters.

• Stepping in without hesitation to rescue a little boy who really needed a mom.

• Raising and teaching 4 young men to be true sons of God.

• Encouraging me to find the right path and helping me set my compass when it goes astray.

• Putting up with and caring for the “Old Manâ€

• Enduring baseball seasons that seem to go on forever.

• Being caring, kind and generous to those around you.

• Being my partner, lover and best friend.

M,

Although I don’t always show or say it, I love you so very much. Thank you for the past 20 plus years. They’ve gone by so fast. You are a wonderful woman, wife, mother and friend. I’m looking forward to many more.

KK

Psalm 118:24

This was awesome! Happy Anniversary guys! :grouphug:

Thank you, thank you, thank you EVERYONE!!! I wish I could respond to each one of you personally, but this post will have to do. I appreciate that you took time to celebrate with us.

You wouldn't know he had it in him if you met him in person. That's probably why it's even more special--it's not common.

Thanks again,

Chelle

• 1 year later...
Chelle and Mo and I are sitting here on the couch each with a laptop on our legs reading WTM. To top it off, it's now our 22nd anniversary. That's true love.

In the past two years, she's become a better wife, mother and friend. I love her even more now than I did back then.

I just now saw this...thanks, Babe!

Love ya!

Guest CarolineUK

Happy Anniversary! You're a lovely couple. Though now I'm a bit annoyed 'cos I've got mascara stains running down my cheeks and I was just about to go out :D.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Happy Anniversary Chelle and Dad 4 Boys!

Happy Anniversary-again!

Happy anniversary. The day is special too 11/12/13. Hope you had a great day celebrating

Thanks!  I can't believe it's been 5 years since dh started this thread!  It made me smile to read it again.  And yes, the special date is really cool, too!

Dh brought me beautiful roses from Aldi, and we had company here for dinner--my parents, one sister and dbil, plus an out-of-state sister whom dh picked up at the airport on his way home from work.  It was great family time.  And last weekend, we got to have a 24-hr date!

Thanks! I can't believe it's been 5 years since dh started this thread! It made me smile to read it again. And yes, the special date is really cool, too!

Dh brought me beautiful roses from Aldi, and we had company here for dinner--my parents, one sister and dbil, plus an out-of-state sister whom dh picked up at the airport on his way home from work. It was great family time. And last weekend, we got to have a 24-hr date!

What a beautiful thread! Happy anniversary!

Happy Belated!

What is it with moving to Minot AFB in a blizzard, I wonder? We just did that a couple years ago, in separate vehicles, too. :) The following winter when we left there was no snow, at all.

Thank you!  Too funny that you did the same thing regarding moving to Minot!  It was quite an experience, I'm sure!  I left in the month of June, just to be on the safe side.  ;)

Congratulations!

Thank you!