Menu

Bronchitis question

Ellie

You have untreated asthma? Having trouble giving up cigars? 

I have asthma, so that drives my propensity to things. Any time I get lung problems, I joke that I need to give up cigars. I never touch them, never smoke anything, so it's just a joke with me. :)

Edited by PeterPan

I did not have bronchitis until suddenly, a few years back, I developed a pollen allergy. Before it was diagnosed and treated properly as an allergy, I would derail into bronchitis and be treated with antibiotics. By the third or fourth time in a year, my doc finally said these episodes had to be connected and started me on an antihistamine and nasal corticosteroid, which I now take when seasonal allergy symptoms start to bother me. I haven't had bronchitis since.

Edited by Seasider

You have untreated asthma? Having trouble giving up cigars? 

I have asthma, so that drives my propensity to things. Any time I get lung problems, I joke that I need to give up cigars. I never touch them, never smoke anything, so it's just a joke with me. :)

No, no problems with the cigars. :lol:

I've never been diagnosed with asthma, although the first time I had bronchitis, it followed a sinus infection, and when I finally saw my own doctor, I was wheezing, and did a breathing treatment for the first time in my life. The last two times that did not happen, though.

I did not have bronchitis until suddenly, a few years back, I developed a pollen allergy. Before it was diagnosed and treated properly as an allergy, I would derail into bronchitis and be treated with antibiotics. By the third or fourth time in a year, my doc finally said these episodes had to be connected and started me on an antihistamine and nasal corticosteroid, which I now take when seasonal allergy symptoms start to bother me. I haven't had bronchitis since.

:grouphug:

I did allergy testing several years ago; the only thing I reacted to was dust mites. As long as I have the fancy covers on pillows and mattress, I'm right as rain.

If I have bronchitis again within the next year or so, I guess we'll have to look into causes.

I had it for the first time about five years ago, and have had it twice since then, so three times in five years. Is this a coincidence? or does one become prone to getting it more often after the first time one has it? 

What is your heart and lung health like otherwise? Are you physically active and doing aerobic activity where you raise your heart rate and breathing on a regular basis? 

As I age, I don't expect to recover back to "normal strong" without doing something to help it along. I'm not 20 anymore.