Menu

Class of 2018 Decisions Thread

but if there is ever anything you need (or really that your son needs) that I can help with, please let me know.

This is so sweet!  Thanks so much! Currently, my father has a friend who lives in Boston who has offered to keep an eye out on ds.  But Boston is pretty far away from every other friend or family member that I have in the USA, so I really appreciated you offer.   DS said there was an entire sorority from Boston College at one of the MIT Fraternity parties during Campus Preview Weekend. ?

19 hours ago, lewelma said:

This is so sweet!  Thanks so much! Currently, my father has a friend who lives in Boston who has offered to keep an eye out on ds.  But Boston is pretty far away from every other friend or family member that I have in the USA, so I really appreciated you offer.   DS said there was an entire sorority from Boston College at one of the MIT Fraternity parties during Campus Preview Weekend. ?

My daughter has a friend who is a freshman at BoCo and also one at Tufts and they both said that there are so many schools within a few square miles of each other that they often fraternize at each other's schools on the weekends. My dd does not like to "party" and has no interest in drinking or smoking so I think she's a little worried that she will be the only one in the dorms on a Saturday night, but I find it hard to believe that there won't be others (especially at BoCo) that don't party. I don't think BoCo has sororities or fraternities, but I'm sure there will be no shortage of social events at other schools should the students wish to partake.

I'll PM you my info and if your son ever needs anything, let me know! 

• Like 1

Finally found my way back after the change during which time my ancient computer had decided this site was unfit to load...

My honorary DS19 will be going to Green Mountain College in VT.  Closer to home than Warren Wilson, excited about the soccer coach and team.  FA unknown to me, but his "real" parents have picked up the thread and I have to assume will make it work for him.  He wants to do the Outdoor/Adventure Education track, which will allow him to give forward to kids who can use what helped him.  So happy for him!

• Like 14

• 4 weeks later...

Where:  IUPUC then probably transferring to IU next year or so

Why: She wants to work and save money this year to help with expenses and we were really too late in the applying game because she had wanted to do a gap year but plans didn't work out.

Major: Linguistics and Eastern European studies. Looking at Estonian and Russian for languages.

• Like 7