Menu

Exercise -> Period - does this happen to anyone else?

SKL

OK I'm trying to regain my relatively healthy waistline, but since I've been in perimenopause, every time I do a bit of vigorous exercise for a couple days, my damn period starts again.  Is this just a coincidence?  Or does this happen to people?

Yeah, it could just be coincidence.  I don't like to exercise too much when I have my periods because they can get heavy and it's really uncomfortable and exhausting.  The periods are lasting over a week.  By then I am completely out of habit and saying "tomorrow, tomorrow" about exercise.  Finally get it together and ... damn period again.  Probably just bad luck.  But I guess I should start monitoring ...

It doesn't help that there is no predictability with periods any more ....

• Like 2

Yeah, it could just be coincidence.  I don't like to exercise too much when I have my periods because they can get heavy and it's really uncomfortable and exhausting.  The periods are lasting over a week.  By then I am completely out of habit and saying "tomorrow, tomorrow" about exercise.  Finally get it together and ... damn period again.  Probably just bad luck.  But I guess I should start monitoring ...

It doesn't help that there is no predictability with periods any more ....

I can imagine this.  I don't keep track of mine, but sometimes it feels like gee didn't I have this like two days ago?!  I probably haven't, but seems like it.

For me, it's flying on an airplane. The d##### thing starts every single time. Either I really stink at scheduling vacations, or there's something about airplane travel....

I didn't have a period for like 5 months, and then it started the day I flew out for vacation last December.  Though it actually started in the airport before my first flight.  It lasted through the majority of the 2.5 week trip.  So annoying.  Three years earlier I was prepared and expecting my period (even cramping) for the whole 2.5 week trip, but it never started.  Just as annoying.  :/