Menu

Announcement--forum upgrade coming!!! MARCH 24-28: SEE UPDATE IN POST #26! IMPORTANT REMINDER IN POST #37! PLEASE READ TODAY, MARCH 23, FRIDAY!!

Susan Wise Bauer

Dear Hive,

Some time in the near future, WE ARE UPGRADING OUR FORUMS! You'll have better security and better performance, and the upgrade should solve a number of the bugs that you guys have noted and asked us about.

EVERYTHING will transfer over. You'll still have all your posts, information, etc.

We'll be setting up a FAQ area and giving you clear ways to get help if you have ANY difficulty after the upgrade. And we're not doing this right away--I'm just giving you advance warning.

When we DO upgrade, the forums will be down for a time. But we'll give you exact days and time spans long before we start the process.

Stay tuned for more information!

SWB

Dear Hive,

Some time in the near future, WE ARE UPGRADING OUR FORUMS! You'll have better security and better performance, and the upgrade should solve a number of the bugs that you guys have noted and asked us about.

EVERYTHING will transfer over. You'll still have all your posts, information, etc.

We'll be setting up a FAQ area and giving you clear ways to get help if you have ANY difficulty after the upgrade. And we're not doing this right away--I'm just giving you advance warning.

When we DO upgrade, the forums will be down for a time. But we'll give you exact days and time spans long before we start the process.

Stay tuned for more information!

SWB

Sweet! I'm mostly hoping for a better search feature. That would be wonderful.

• Like 7

That's so nice! Thank you for the time and money you put into hosting this fun and informative place for us to hang out!

Hear, hear! 

The WTM boards have added a lot to my life for many years, so thank you, Ms. Bauer.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 7

Hear, hear! 

The WTM boards have added a lot to my life for many years, so thank you, Ms. Bauer.

Regards,

Kareni

Agreed. Your books, forum, lectures, and facebook posts have made not just my homeschool but my entire life better. Thank you.

• Like 4

I love everything WTM!  Thanks so much!

I'm wondering if links we have from threads into Excel or Onenote will still work?  I recently went through all the Content I Follow and put them in categories on an Excel spreadsheet.  Took me quite a few hours (was worth it) and I would cry if they don't work after the upgrade.

HERE'S THE BIG NEWS!!

As many of you know, we run one of the largest homeschooling and classical-education forums in the known universe (although the Classical Education Crystal Creatures who live in the ice oceans beneath the surface of Ganymede are catching up). We will soon be upgrading our online forums to provide better performance, better security, and fewer bugs. This is a necessary move: the software that runs the current forums will soon be obsolete and vulnerable to problems.

We now have our moving dates: SATURDAY, MARCH 24 throughWEDNESDAY, MARCH 28. (It takes several days to migrate all of your posts and archives to the new forums, and to make sure they're working...and this is an ESTIMATE only; there may be complications and delays!)

While you're waiting for the forums to re-open, follow us on Twitter andFacebook for updates and information, or visit our new Instagram page for behind-the-scenes looks at the Well-Trained Mind team in action.

You should also check out this Support Page for help & answers regarding the new forums, access, etc.

All of your old posts and information should transfer over. You'll also be able to use your WTM store login as your forums login (because it's always good to reduce the number of passwords you have to remember, right?).

Let us know through the Support Page if you have any trouble after the transfer has taken place.

We are looking forward to all the great conversations y'all will have in the new space! Thanks for your patience while we work on it.

Hi Susan: Much good luck to those who will be working on this Migration. They may run into unexpected glitches and that's not unusual. Hopefully they have a good plan on how to do this and the unexpected issues will be very minor.   Thank you for providing this Forum!   Lanny

• Like 1

I like how you 'take care' of us! I'm on a couple of different forums and I think this is the best one. Not only in how it's run but also in the amount of diverse people here who are willing to offer, and willing to listen to others, opinions and insights. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

REMINDER! IMPORTANT REMINDER!

The forums go down at midnight tonight for a major upgrade!

We're anticipating going live some time on March 28th, but that could possibly, maybe, worst case scenario, be delayed...we will keep you posted  on our other social media channels--Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram--for updates. Look out for, and use, the official hashtag: #GreatWTMBlackout.

If you experience any trouble logging on after the upgrade, please contact support immediately through https://support.welltrainedmind.com/hc/en-us/categories/115002017068-Forums.

That's it! Be prepared!! Care for each during the dark times!!!

So, if we do choose to enter a drug-induced coma in order to get through the blackout, who will kick the chair out from under us when it is all over? :lol:

Ooh, good point! We need someone to drive the van (spoiler-ish if you haven't seen Inception).

I wasn't really thinking of entering a drug-enduced coma.

I was kinda going for the "our world is collapsing" vibe with Hans Zimmer providing the amazing soundtrack!

• Like 3

HERE'S THE BIG NEWS!!

As many of you know, we run one of the largest homeschooling and classical-education forums in the known universe (although the Classical Education Crystal Creatures who live in the ice oceans beneath the surface of Ganymede are catching up). We will soon be upgrading our online forums to provide better performance, better security, and fewer bugs. This is a necessary move: the software that runs the current forums will soon be obsolete and vulnerable to problems.

We now have our moving dates: SATURDAY, MARCH 24 throughWEDNESDAY, MARCH 28. (It takes several days to migrate all of your posts and archives to the new forums, and to make sure they're working...and this is an ESTIMATE only; there may be complications and delays!)

While you're waiting for the forums to re-open, follow us on Twitter andFacebook for updates and information, or visit our new Instagram page for behind-the-scenes looks at the Well-Trained Mind team in action.

You should also check out this Support Page for help & answers regarding the new forums, access, etc.

All of your old posts and information should transfer over. You'll also be able to use your WTM store login as your forums login (because it's always good to reduce the number of passwords you have to remember, right?).

Let us know through the Support Page if you have any trouble after the transfer has taken place.

We are looking forward to all the great conversations y'all will have in the new space! Thanks for your patience while we work on it.

I'm a bit late in checking the Instagram but I just did and saw the handsome fellow who is the Head of Snack Security at the WTM.

He looks like he takes the job quite seriously!

Good boy!